marea speedo dead

Currently reading:
marea speedo dead

M

mick

Hi guys iam new to this forum

Ive a marea 2.4jtd 99,i went over a road hunp and my dials all dropped i took my car to a garage and the machanic said i need a new dash.

The thing is my fuel guage and rev counter briefly work for a few secs and then drop everything else works just the dials do you think its a dodgy conection.also
I found a dash for a 1.9td at a scrap yard would this work in a 2.4jtd

cheers

mick

Best would be to recheck all of the fuses and the connector on the rear of the fuse box right of the steering wheel. To be honest I never heard of a similar situation that the entire dash goes at once.
What the 1.9 dash goes, if its visually the same, there is a possibility it will go in, but hard to say.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

firstly,take your dials out and give the plugs/connections on top a wiggle about see if they faulty make sure theyre in tight,That bang over the road bump might have knocked them slightly.

cheers

for the info guys iam not much of a mechanic i,ll take to aanother garage i just feel i dont think they really had a proper luck

cheers

mick

take you 15 mins to unscew them ;)
Lower the steering wheel,unscrew the 2 screws that you then will see,then there are 3 screws holding the surround in around the top.Then you will see the screws holding the dials in.
Just give ya dial plugs a good fiddle with make sure the 3 plugs are all on tight.But saying that,the plug for the dials is the middle one.

Oh they they are torx screws btw.

if all seem fine and the plugs are in Tight,then could only be down to your clocks as marea dials are known for diying/failing.

Good news guys my speedo is back up and running.i had a electrician look at it he took it out and started working had no probs since and he said it was in good nick now i hope me marea gets through the mot next month

mick

connectors were probably just lose then as i imagined.
If you had done it yourself,you could have saved yourself a few ££ ;)