General Marea 155 power problem

Currently reading:
General Marea 155 power problem

Hmm, replace fuel and air filter (Which you stay on top of anyway) which is good!

Hmm injectors, sometimes the injectors themselves can get dirty, ever run the fuel tank right down (although fuel filter deals with this normally).

How about a redex injection treatment??

It could be an issue with MAF being dirty, might be worth researching on the cleaning/replacement of that.

Have you tried taking your battery out for 10 minutes, i believe this completely resets ECU values (Stored over time), then you need to drive your car for the next 300 miles steadily so the car records values of how the car is driven (Instead of having fixed values i think marea learns? correct me if this is wrong!!)

Any heavy exhaust fumes?
Cambelt skip a tooth? timings out?

I'm brainstorming mate, i can't give you anything accurate, but you could slowly DIY work down the issues i've listed, but more members will continue to help!

Is there anything that has happened before the car started running sluggish??

Hmm, replace fuel and air filter (Which you stay on top of anyway) which is good!

Hmm injectors, sometimes the injectors themselves can get dirty, ever run the fuel tank right down (although fuel filter deals with this normally).

How about a redex injection treatment??

It could be an issue with MAF being dirty, might be worth researching on the cleaning/replacement of that.

Have you tried taking your battery out for 10 minutes, i believe this completely resets ECU values (Stored over time), then you need to drive your car for the next 300 miles steadily so the car records values of how the car is driven (Instead of having fixed values i think marea learns? correct me if this is wrong!!)

Any heavy exhaust fumes?
Cambelt skip a tooth? timings out?

I'm brainstorming mate, i can't give you anything accurate, but you could slowly DIY work down the issues i've listed, but more members will continue to help!

Is there anything that has happened before the car started running sluggish??

thanks guys i will try everything above then i will give u some feedback

I think the filters part of the tank assembly and non serviceable. :(

Eeeek, i hope this isn't the case however the manual believes the petrol engines (But doesn't quote which) filters can be changed (Although its a relatively odd free float setup with the marea, not mounted to the engine like most blady cars :p)

You'l need to jack her her up (Giggerdy)

fuelfilter.jpg

Small note, the image above is not mine, all copyright goes to fiatauto!

I have to say, the fiat marea manual is vastly impressive, the maintenance procedures are a great length operation from the looks of things haha!

Eeeek, i hope this isn't the case however the manual believes the petrol engines (But doesn't quote which) filters can be changed (Although its a relatively odd free float setup with the marea, not mounted to the engine like most blady cars :p)

I was working from memory. If the manual say different I'm happy to defer to it. :)

I was working from memory. If the manual say different I'm happy to defer to it. :)

Could be based off the engines mate! I know the 2.0 in comparison to the 1.6 engines are certainly quite alot of difference in design! god knows how the rest of the systems fit with the car haha!

Apserlutely love that manual though o_O

Back