Technical Marea 1.9 jtd limp mode untill temp gets half way?

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 1.9 jtd limp mode untill temp gets half way?

richie15

Hi all, my 2001 marea 1.9 jtd 110 weekend is bugging me when I start the car from cold and drive off the car seems to be in limp mode wont rev past 2200rpm ,but as soon as the temp gauge reads just below half the engine springs into life and runs great untill I leave it cool down then it's back to limp mode. The car starts first time every time no problem apart from the fact you cant rev it, any ideas anyone :confused:

My 105 JTD has a similar problem. If I rev it over 3000 rpm before the temp gauge is at the halfway point it goes into limp home mode and puts the injector light on.

Once its been driven like this for about 10 miles it goes back to normal.

Thank you johnson550 your a God amongst men,unplugged maf sensor car runs great so off to local parts supplier to get one.:worship:

Thank you johnson550 your a God amongst men,unplugged maf sensor car runs great so off to local parts supplier to get one.:worship:

It is possible to clean the Maf sensor if youre very careful. You would need some carb cleaner and cotton buds heres a guide http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk/photogal/guidepics/maf/maf.pdf the important thing to remember is squeeze most of the cleaner off the bud. If it works itl save a bit of cash.

Last edited:
on pre 99 model all i could find out is.... under bonnet
diagnostic socket for abs is on bulkhead battery side
diagnostic socket for fuel injection is in front of the power fuse box battery side.
dont know if this is much help to you.
clobak

Ok found them I think. small black plugs on ether suspension turret. I'm guessing it means no way to connect to laptop and free diagnostic software. :mad:

Unless Im mistaken the change would be made from TD 3pin plug and the JTD is the 16pin which has a lot more sensors and things than the TD. I did read somewhere something about the diagnostic socket( somit to do with eec regs) had to be on the drivers side with easy access.

Back