Technical Main beam problem

Currently reading:
Technical Main beam problem

Glennsafc

My main beam seem to be working on their own, they can be on when car is parked up engine off, car locked keys out etc, when using car the main beam sometimes go on and off and sometimes have to be put off by fiddling on with the lights control on the stalk. It isnt me catching the follow me home lights on, lights have been noticed being on when I have been away from the car for hours.
Any ideas guys?

I have read of this fault before. Think it is the stalks that are to blame from memory. A search should turn up some threads on the subject.

Its not the stalk, think about it the stalk only works with ignition on there is no live feed to the stalks with igntiion off. Ive had the same issue, replaced the stalk that didnt fix.

I changed my headlight bulbs and its gone away but the other day they were flashing them selves, I changed them according to a manual which states the headlights are negative switching, i.e. positive feed to them all the time.

It could be the body computer which is a several hundred pound fix, crap fiats.

I had this issue when water got into my electrics and fusebox due to a massive puddle I didn't see in the dark :) lol (Fusebox cover wasn't on right when I got the car)

It must have dried out when I was on holiday because when I came back it was all working fine :) ... still is

I've had it looked at by a family friend who is a mechanic, he seems to think it is a stuck relay however he isn't an expert on fiats so doesn't know which relay is which so anyone with an idea or even better a diagram would be a great help.

Cheers

Back