Technical Lumenition Help?

Currently reading:
Technical Lumenition Help?

leos mr fixit

We've fitted Lumenition to the X.. but I'm not sure we wired it right.. She runs fine but the green wire that ran to the dizzy is spare now and when its running, if I touch it to ground it kills the ignition.. It doesn't seem right.. Anyone got a schematic or pictures to help me?

It sounds like you still have the now redundant green wire still connected to the coil's negative terminal. That's why the sparks stop when you touch that wire to earth.

The coil negative terminal should have the new Lumenition wire and a brown/white wire connected to it. The brown/white wire goes to your tachometer. If you have a green wire connected as well, remove it.

Cheers R

I am just about to buy the Lumenition kit for my 89 Gran Finale but am going to have it fitted as I dont have the time or expertise to do it myself. I live in SW London-Anybody know of any garages/mechanics in the area with X1/9 experience? I am willing to travel out up to about 50 miles as long as I can leave the car and get a train back..Cheers

Back