General Lowering question........

Currently reading:
General Lowering question........

MikeyD

I recently lowered my Sei (30-40mm drop). Its fine and great and handles wonderful now.
Question is, i had car into garage yesterday to get new crank sensor fitted. After up on the hydraulic ramp i notcied when driving away that the plastic dirt guard (drivers side near inner wheel liner, that protects the pulley from dirt etc?) had come away a bit and was rubbing against the wheels/arm (its always been a bit loose anyway but never rubbing against wheel). The mechanic said "have you lowered it?"......"yes i have" i replied. He said that because it was up on the ramps that this would have an effect on the springs/shocks and its now causing it to rub against the plastic dirt guard (making some noise!) Ive now taken the guard off. Will this be detrimental? Should i refit it and trim it to suit?
Also, why would the ramps cause more movement with the springs/shocks? (they were fitted 14 days ago).
thanks in advance.......
have a good xmas!!:)

Last edited:
lot of mechanics dont like lowered cars, so will find any reason to blame lowering for stuff.

my car is slammed 60mm at the front and all my protective plastic is in place.

it is there for a reason, especially at that side - it protects the crank pulley and cam belt - refit it.

cheers mate, gonna get round to fitting the plastic guard next few days. I knew there'd be a good reason for it being there. It was snagging the drivers side wheel arm (probably cause i didnt re-fit it 100% corerct after replacing a fog lamp last summer!).
Did your car lower even more after a few weeks. I think mine has. Very stiff and solid suspension. I fitted Monroe shocks and Venturer lowering springs. Very good (so far!).

Hmm, got a pic of this part? I think it fell off mine after the first few thousand of ownership on mine, I wasn't sure what it was so left it in the garage, until last year i chucked it as i never bothered to find out what/where it came from.

53K later and its all still fine. HOWEVER, I may be on about something else entirely :D

Kristian

Like this one?

Attachments

• guards.JPG
    guards.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 14
Thats the one :bang: , the drivers side.
Maybe I should have not thrown it away really lol, but no ill effects yet! Touch wood!

Whats the ePer price on that if ya still got it open? may just try and get one from a scrappy though.

Strange it literally fell off after a few thousand miles on a brand new car!

Kristian

Back