Technical Lowered car and camber

Currently reading:
Technical Lowered car and camber

JonPiz

Im lowering my 500R using the reverse eyed leaf spring and 190 springs on the back. Are the camber adjustment brackets for the front that Ricambio do an essential addition?

Attachments

• dsc-0198-550x550w.jpg
    dsc-0198-550x550w.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 23
Im lowering my 500R using the reverse eyed leaf spring and 190 springs on the back. Are the camber adjustment brackets for the front that Ricambio do an essential addition?
Others will have more knowledge but when I gave a mildly tuned Ford Anglia negative camber on the front suspension it made a big difference to the cornering.

NO---the reverse-eye spring and the shorter rear springs will bring the car down a reasonable amount. One VERY important detail to carry out before you fit the spring is to make sure that it is central---most aren't! It is a very simple job to check and rectify; I wrote an article on just this subject for the "Fiat 500 enthusiasts Club" magazine. If you would like a copy of that article, contact me direct on [email protected] It is an IMPORTANT chack--if not carried out, it is just about impossible to get your steering angles correct. When you have lowered the vehicle, toe-in should be adjusted to ZERO with the track-rods THE SAME LENGTH---another important detail. As for camber, you want ZERO when you either have a lot of weight in the front of the car when adjusting the camber, OR for when you have a couple of people in the car---adjusted by the shimming of the inner top wish-bone mount.

NO---the reverse-eye spring and the shorter rear springs will bring the car down a reasonable amount. One VERY important detail to carry out before you fit the spring is to make sure that it is central---most aren't! It is a very simple job to check and rectify; I wrote an article on just this subject for the "Fiat 500 enthusiasts Club" magazine. If you would like a copy of that article, contact me direct on [email protected] It is an IMPORTANT chack--if not carried out, it is just about impossible to get your steering angles correct. When you have lowered the vehicle, toe-in should be adjusted to ZERO with the track-rods THE SAME LENGTH---another important detail. As for camber, you want ZERO when you either have a lot of weight in the front of the car when adjusting the camber, OR for when you have a couple of people in the car---adjusted by the shimming of the inner top wish-bone mount.
Took me a few attempts but I made sure I got it central. Thanks for the advice and details

Took me a few attempts but I made sure I got it central. Thanks for the advice and details
Well done, but would you like a copy of my article? It took a fair bit of head-scratching (and copious cups of tea) but in the end I came up with a very simple solution to the problem.

Well done, but would you like a copy of my article? It took a fair bit of head-scratching (and copious cups of tea) but in the end I came up with a very simple solution to the problem.
Yes please that would be very helpful even if its just to check Ive got it right.

Back