Technical Lower rear spring cup holders

Currently reading:
Technical Lower rear spring cup holders

If i remember rightly mate lots of gt85 and some gentle persuasion, mine were a pig. They seem to go in, down and at an angle i found them a lot easier to get off than put back on .When i say gentle i ended up with a hammer hope that helps

Last edited:
If i remember rightly mate lots of gt85 and some gentle persuasion, mine were a pig. They seem to go in, down and at an angle i found them a lot easier to get off than put back on .When i say gentle i ended up with a hammer hope that helps

Smashed finger and a few manly tears later i should be able todo it then :)

Shame new cost like nearly £20 ea otherwise i'd slap new on too... i'll just glue the stop back down for now

Ziggy

It was one hell of a job changing the shocks and springs on the front not something i would want to do again but you are right the rubber mounts aren't so bad

for front spring top nut removal ask a garage to spin them off for you for a donation to their tea money then washer up the gap on the thread and put the bolt on with a few threads,drive home jobs a good un,think these are bad? try a 09 plate ka which is a panda in a frock,now these rot in place as water stays in them, a disgrace really as you have to dismantle to get near them,progress eh pah...........

rear shocks and springs, if car strong,slacken wheel nuts, jack up both sides on the sills, so wheels off ground, put axle stands in front of jacks on sill ,undo shocker bolts ,threads cleaned of rust and oiled before you start ,once committed to removing keep going till bolt out as the heat generated during removal helps it come out and if you stop halfway its can become impossible to move as it cools off,or get a garage to windy gun them in and out a few times for you,once out take off wheels pull axle down pull springs out do the business,replacement as they say,make sure rubber is on top of spring and complete

Reactions: tlo
Back