Technical Low oil pressure warning on start up after sump replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Low oil pressure warning on start up after sump replacement

Alexcubek

I have been getting the above error after the car has been sitting overnight, just seen a video on Utube that shows plastic oil pick up pipe is cracked after the sum replacement, is this a common issue? Or is it a faulty sensor?

How long does the light stay on after starting up?.
Does it stay out once it goes out!?.
Did you use the same brand and type and viscosity engine oil when you changed the sump?.I presume you fitted a new sump gasket!

Though its a real pain unless you want to risk your engine you have to investigate further!- as the oil pressure switch is easiest to change id do that first(though it seems unlikely that its broken just after the sump change !).
If this does not work then the sump has got to come off again! so you can inspect the pick up pipe and strainer!.
If these check out ok then the oil pumps next inline!
best of luck tracing it!

The sump was changed at its 2022 Mot prior to my ownership, I bought the car 2nd September this year, the warning only comes on after it has been sitting overnight, I blip the gas and it goes away and won’t com back on unless the car has been sitting a while, also the dealer serviced it at its Mot in July this year, I can only assume it has the correct oil, it is under warranty so will get it to my local garage asap. It is just when I seen the utube video highlighting the issue of to cars that had this problem after a sump replacement.

So its been doing it all the time you have owned the car then ?
If you have a warranty then thats the way to go i guess! but seems to me whoever sold you it probably new about it but did not tell you!!! Id be having a quite word with them as well! as you have a warranty sounds like it came from a dealer !!!

Back