General Low Mileage 4x4 Anyone?

Currently reading:
General Low Mileage 4x4 Anyone?

We did look at this one last Monday, but it was about seven in the evening so quite dark. Even so, it was obvious that it was a lovely example.

There was some damage to the n/s sill and both sills were painted in a non-original coating.

I left the vender with an offer but haven't heard anything since so assume he has had a better one.

We did look at this one last Monday, but it was about seven in the evening so quite dark. Even so, it was obvious that it was a lovely example.

There was some damage to the n/s sill and both sills were painted in a non-original coating.

I left the vender with an offer but haven't heard anything since so assume he has had a better one.

Thanks for the update - I was wondering.

I have no idea whether to like or dislike that post, so I didn't!!

A few people asked for the number - you were the first, but 2 others I think. No idea if anyone viewed it after you, or if they made offers.

I would like to know, especially if anyone on here buys it.

It deserves to go to a good home - sounds like it could have been made into a really really nice one. (y)

Has anyone ended up with this? Bit too nice for me and Par. think we want a bit more rough and ready that we can 4x4 without worrying about.

Still people looking at it I believe. Not heard anything bad about it, so not quite sure why it hasn't gone - maybe top price 4x4's take a little while to sell? As I said to someone though, it will look cheap in a few years. Maybe I'm too impetuous but if I wanted (and could afford) that car, I would try to snaffle it very quickly Before someone else hoovered it up.

I know what you mean - that's how I ended up with a mk3. Howie has now got too much money tied up in him to be comfortable doing anything too extreme. There were no suitable mk2's around - they were either expensive & rotten, or very expensive and potentially rotten! :shrug:

Yeah too good for the likes of me too!

I didn't want anything I would regret breaking. LVJ was a gamble but total cost to get him back on the road is still a lot less than any of the recent 4x4's have gone for on ebay. Really looking forward to giving it some stick off road :)

Just phoned Eric to see what the situation was with this one, we're on our way back this weekend so would need to sort money/insurance if he accepted my offer.
All irrelevant though as it has been sold for the asking price. The most that he could tell me about the new owner was that her name is Daphne and she lives in Kent. Anyone you know Gavin?

Just phoned Eric to see what the situation was with this one, we're on our way back this weekend so would need to sort money/insurance if he accepted my offer.
All irrelevant though as it has been sold for the asking price. The most that he could tell me about the new owner was that her name is Daphne and she lives in Kent. Anyone you know Gavin?

Well if it sold for the asking price, that's fair enough. You were just not offering enough I guess.

I don't think it matters if the people emerge now. Only 3 people showed serious interest & got the seller's number from me (I didn't want Eric to get a load of tyre kickers, so it seems to have worked out well). They all viewed it & all sounded like they were genuine enthusiasts (and nice people) and were looking to offer this lovely Panda a good home. I hope there are no hard feelings as we have a nice little group here - to be fair the other 2 saw it before Daphne I believe, so had a fair chance.

The 3 interested were all Forum members. Daphne daphnefrost , you've got a great Panda and we're looking forward to your photos & seeing it at shows. (y)

Back