General Lost my key :(

Currently reading:
General Lost my key :(

Jakdj

Hi guys , got a seicento cheap that had hg failure finally got it skimmed last week left my freinds garage to cycle home was cycling like a bat out of hell with my headphones on and the keys must have fell out my pocket and are nowhere in sight when I retraced my journey,

it's a 51 plate sx with the 187 engine code , I'm looking too replace the ECu and locks any fiat gurus able to let me know if all seicento Ecus are interchangeable , the part I'm lookin too get is from a seicento sporting 1.1 99 haven't cross referenced with my own ECu yet
As it's in my freinds garage gutted it's my first car so can't wait too get it running

There are 3 different ECUs.

I can't remember the changeover years.

The early SPI cars had a metal bodied ECU mounted on the passenger side inner wing. For the life of me I can't remember whether these are code 1 or code 2, but I suspect they're code 1. (Which -- in theory, at least, means you could just get a key cut and get the immobiliser removed from the chip). One blue key, one red key? If code 1, should be interchangeable with a Cinq Sporting.

Early MPI cars use the code 2 system and -- generally -- have the ECU buried under the inlet manifold.

Later MPI cars have a metal boxed ECU on the inner wing.

Harnesses are different and you'll never get an SPI car to run off an MPI ECU (or vice versa). In theory, the MPI ECUs are interchangeable, but the wiring looms are different.

Thanks , i rushed into buying a 1.1 sporting ecu 99 model thinking they would probably be the same as they were both 1.1 , buy think i may have purchased the wrong ecu on ebay dont think the 99 sporting 1.1 will work on a 51 sx
As im sure that they changed design in 2001

:(

Will double check in the morning hopefully the codes match

Has anyone had a key from fiat lately and could advise on how much a replacement is or reccomend anyone who i could perhaps post the lock and ecu away and get them too program me a key

Im so annoyed i just keep encoutering prolems and eager too get on the road

Yeah, a 2001 SX will be MPI so a 99 ECU isn't going to cut it. Either get the ECU, ignition, lock and key set from a similar model year car, or go to FIAT with your V5 etc, get the key code and get them to produce a new key for you. Probably looking around £200 all in from Fiat.

Before you get too carried away, did you call at the local police station to see if anyone has handed your keys in? You never know, they might have been. If they have all you will have to spend is enough for a bottle of wine for the finder.
Only a slim chance but if you don't ask you'll never know.

Ian.

Hi guys have checked aroundwith no sucess,

My ecu is coded IAW59F.m7

If you let me know how much you want for the ecu and lockset

That would be great thanks

Hi guys thanks for the advice really good community here, fingers i emailled the company but never received a reply will try call them tommorow , hopefully going too rebuild my seicento tommorow do a compression test, should i add extra torque its been skimmed too the maximum limit i have been looking at ebay items for sale , can get a replacement ecu and key for about 60 pounds

Do i just need the ecu and key or do the speedo and trandsonder unit need replaced also

Hopefully this week i will get this fixed :)

I think (but check it out -- it'll be detailed in the Seicento Technical Manual in the Downloads section) you need the ECU, key set, and the code box. The transponder itself, I'm pretty sure, is just a dumb antennae -- just transmits the code from the chip to the code box (which does all the work).

You might try PMing ponsaloti -- I don't think he's a one man band!

Thanks again guys, i Managed too get a hold of someone online who can make me a key if i send them my lock and the immobiliser

Was fairly reasonable priced at 110, the people i i had originally tried from fiat forums was too far away and put me onto advandced diagnostics and the master lock association,

Fiat wanted £220 and told me i had too take a minimum of 2 keys at £110 each,

Im gonna rip out the lock tommorow send away my immobiliser box and hopefully be up and running this weekend,

I am consediring getting a central locking aftermarket kit, can anyone reccomend a good brand of product too go with im assuming they will be fairly generic heres hoping :)

Hiya guys just a update with my car progress, got head gasket fitted yesterday , i phoned an ecu services place online that could virginise the box

, phoned them and the chap told me the fusebox was also coded and that it has to be changed at the same time as immobiliser and key

I can get same the same ecu iaw 59f m7 immobilser chip box and key on ebay at a good price , i was thinking of just getting than instead and fitting some hawk central locking

Is this fellow i spoke to right enough about the fusebox needing swapped as well

He was very cheeky on the phone after me just trying too get him too clarify things.

I was under the impression you didnt have too change fusebox

Any idea if he was right lads

Last edited:
i have never heard that before, sounds like he either has no clue or is just lying to try make more money from people to me.

For a different key to work you need matching
-key
-ignition barrel
-ecu
-codebox

The fuse box is, well, a fuse box - it has fuses and relays on it and nothing else.

Hi guys , ive done everything too the car apart from the timing belt now hoping too get that finished the next few days

What happened when i tried too take the nut off the steering lock/ barrell i accidently damaged the tamper proof brass screws and one of the nuts and its stuck on the steering lock

Whilst trying too hacksaw/ file chisel the nut off i managed too split the switch that starts the engine from the steering lock

, i havent got the old ignition barrell off yet

The code lights stays on even though i have swapped the ecu and immobilser box

Does the key physically need too be in the barrell or will it go out once i start the engine even though the key isnt in the ignition barrell

Hoping too finish this car off tommorow so going too angle grind the nut off and remove the steering lock till i get a replacement

Hopefully this works

Also is there any easy way of getting the original 5 digit code too program the keys or to virginise my ecu so it self codes

Im quite good with computers so flashing a bios chip would be second nature

I just ordered an obd2 wifi reader for use with the dash command app

Anyone else using obd2 apps on there phone/ tablet

the key just needs to be near the codebox antenna - i think what you mean is you changed the ecu and codebox and not the barrel so its the old key you stick in the barrel and not the new one??

If thats the case then the antenna is probably seeing the old key which is the wrong one - i can't remember if you can get the antenna off before the barrel or not but if you can (like a plastic ring with a wire going back to the codebox) try taking that off the barrel and letting it just hang down in the footwell and tape the new key to it and trying again - car should start then.

Yupp its just the barrel and streering lock left too be changed thanks wasnt sure if the key physically had too be in the barrell or not

Gonna be a nightmare angle grinding this nut off , maybe try drill it out instead :)

Back