Technical Loss of 12V ignition signal to Tracker

Currently reading:
Technical Loss of 12V ignition signal to Tracker

Stewie 61

Hi all,

I’m looking for a bit of assistance regarding my Vodafone S5 tracker not receiving an Ignition signal when the ignition is switched on.
This has lead to Vodafone calling me, they’ve ran their diagnostics and told me they can see my vehicle moving but there is no ignition signal (suggesting that my M/H is being towed or on a vehicle).
The system was fitted nearly 4 years ago and has been fine until last week.

There are 3 connections on the Vodafone S5 and I’ve checked them with a DVM:

(1) Constant 12V which is present.
(2) Ignition 12V which is NOT present now, even when the ignition is on/engine running.
(3) Ground which is ok.

I’ve traced the cable in point (2) down to the black plug to the right of the OBD port (in the dashboard fuse box) to a ‘Fiat’ wire, White/Dark Blue tracer where cable (2) is soldered to.
Cable (2) continuity is good.
Again, there is NO 12V present with the Ignition on where (2) is connected to the White/Dark Blue tracer cable - ie it doesn’t look like there is an ignition feed now 🤷‍♂️

I’ve checked all the fuses at the dashboard fuse box (and 3 hidden fuses behind the fuse box).
I’ve also checked the engine compartment fuse box, the fuses at the battery and the m/h fuses in the rear. All are ok.

Has anyone got any ideas? Is there a relay that possibly has failed, stopping the 12V ignition signal from being sent?

Vehicle is a Ducato base, 150bhp, 2019 model.

Thanks in advance,

Stewie

My personal preference is not for thanks in advance. I much prefer to see a follow up post on the same thread. It is all too often that time is spent researching a problem, and nothing is given in return. So please post your findings.

As far as I know there is no published wiring information for the x290 model, which I think yours will be (VIN = ZFA290xxxxxxxxx).
The x290 is however a developement of the earlier x250, for which a training manual and eLearn are available in the downloads section.
I have obtained the following from the larger of the two training manuals offered.
On page 119 a conversion table confirms that KK is the EOBD port.
Scrolling to page 124 shows that on the front view of the fuse panel, connector AV or M001A is to the right of the EOBD connector.
On page 125 the assignment of pin 13 of AV or M001A is given as "INT from F37". ( I read INT as being an ignition on signal which is interrupted when starting.) However the same signal appears on pin13 of connector CY/CX or M001Y-X. As this is at the rear it suggests a connection to the BCM? Perhaps an input for the BCM?

Thanks for the reply. I have just got around the problem by fitting a concealed switch that will deliver 12V to the tracker.
It actually makes the m/h slightly more secure - I only need to remember to switch it on when driving.

Back