Loosing power and pulling back whilst driving

Currently reading:
Loosing power and pulling back whilst driving

P

Paul

Hi I hope someone out there can help me!
I have a Fiat Bravo 1.2 80SX year 2000.
When I bought it a few months ago all seemed well, but after a while things started to go wrong.
As I would brake and stop at traffic lights it would nearly stall. No injector light would come on so I read on here that it might be my Idle Control Valve, so I bought one from srap yeard and all seemed well for a while.
They a few weeks ago I allowed my petrol to run very low and after a while it started to loose power whilst driving. It seemed to drive ok and then it would pull back and choke alittle then surge on again.
I have also noticed that the idle is running like a bag of ****!
I have had the plugs checked and replaced the idle control valve, I have even replaced the injectors and run so much injector fluid throught the system!
I am at the end of the road with all this can someone advice me about what it could be.

The 1.2 had x2 Lambda sensors one on the downpipe and one just before the cat.... running bad on idle sounds like a lambda issue to me best get it plugged in and a diag done for 25-30....

P010810_075601.jpg

Many thanks getting someone round tommorrow to look at it.
I have a hole in the exhaust near to the cat, would that make it lose power and back fire?
Un plugged the Lambda sensor from just under the engine on the down pipe, nothing seems to change?
Is there another sensor near the end of the exhaust? Maybe that is sending false readings?
Help anyone please its driving me mad!!!!

loosing power

just a thought try changing the fuel filter it could be partially blocked

hi thanks for the advice bought a new lambda sensor today and all seems well now! The problem is that the idle running is now a bit high approx, 1500rpm, is there a reason for this, is it because i had put on a new sensor?

I was sure there was two Lambdas on the 1.2 one near the cat... high revs hmmm.... lets have a search....

P010810_075601.jpg

there high revs is pointing to the idle control valve... could be with a faulty lamda is fooked the icv up...

P010810_075601.jpg

I've had similar issues with my bravo almost since I've had it. The last few months its been stalling almost every time i stop or reverse. Along with the over revving and the excessive shaking at low speeds driving has become a horrid experience. I had to have the exhaust replaced this week so ordered a new idle control valve and fitted that today. I've also reset the ECU. The shaking seems to of stopped as does the stalling but it keeps revving between about 1800-3000rpm. I asked about the lambda sensor when getting the exhaust fitted and the chap said it shouldn't be causing over revving issues :/ Hope someones got a solution that actually works!

After another search try the throttle position sensor which is on the throttle body... you may be able to clean it but not sure...

P010810_075601.jpg

I had bad idling on my Bravo 1.2 and fitted another icv and all seemed ok. Until a few weeks ago then it started to loose power and seemed to miss fire.
So got a mechanic to plug my car into his computer and found nothing.
His advice was a possible Lambda Sensor fault.
So I was un willing to buy one at £69 but went a head and got one, I fitted it myself and seems to run really well now!!
So my advice is get the Lambda Sensor tested or changed.