500 Looking to buy a 500 next

Currently reading:
500 Looking to buy a 500 next

The debate is certainly still interesting but the Fabia today was difficult to pass up. It isn't actually what I was looking for this time around (though I guess it's still smallish, nippy and fairly fun) but it gets me what should be a no/low cost change of car and allows me to put some more money aside.

I definitely want to own a 500, but maybe the TA or the Abarth would be the model I really want but can't afford yet. In a year or two I'll see where the market is at for them and I should have more choices available for me then, maybe a much newer one if I squirrel enough money away.(y)

Many thanks for all the advice and comments.:worship:

Great article Ulpian. There is just something infectious about the old 500 and the old Mini that's just not there in most modern cars. The new 500 captures done if that magic ingredient.
I just put a Koni FSD/Brembo springs kit in my 500 and now it really reminds me of the old Mjni Cooper!

Fun again - in case anyone is interested.

This just came to me and it is very apposite.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/road-cars/opinions/the-joys-of-fiats-original-500/

This'll sound funny coming from a 500 owner, but an old 500 holds absolutely no appeal for me. My dad has a restored 500 sitting in the garage and never once did I ask if I could drive it.

I appreciate how ingenious the design is, and how it got post war Italy on the road and all, but that was then and this is now.

I drove one for about 3 years as an everyday car when I was in my teens - hence my affection for the new one I guess! Slow, noisey and VERY small but LOTS of fun!!!

Back