General Looking for a sporty Stilo but which one?

Currently reading:
General Looking for a sporty Stilo but which one?

boswald

I am looking for a sporty Stilo but not sure which one. My thoughts were to get an Abarth but I have now spotted the Schumacher, are they worth the extra?
Most of the sporty Stilo`s have the Selespeed which I am not too keen on but whta do you all think, are they reliable etc?
Colour also seems to be important with the car`s body shape, to my eye the darker colour`s are better but then I like the yellow and there is a very bright light blue. Have they cahanged the body shape over the model run.
Any help would be appretiated (or leads to good cars)

the stilo body shape was unchanged, though light clusters and interiors revised midlife. differences more noticable on the 5dr pre and post 2004.

generally, the specs were downgraded on abarths as production went on - removing electrics, leather and nav on later models.

selespeed was good for me - marmite function though. dont expect to able to compare it to a true auto / modern dsg.

i used to own an abarth / prestigio and loved it, but unless you have very deep pockets, go for a 1.8 as a blend of economy / fun......

or if you dont mind the noise, what about a diesel sporting 150....

Unless you know the car and service history then avoid the abarth and go for the 1.8 bottom ends go on the 2.4 if not looked after correctly..even there tho [1.8 ]make sure you check it over and start it from cold ..variator on this engine is a problem and it will sound like a tractor when starting if its shot and impair performance as well..good luck..:)

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/200382-stilo-requires-new-engine.html

Last edited:
Later 2.4s mostly came with manual 5-speed gearboxes, incl the Schui. As well as that, the later one's had the engine moved a little further back in the chassis, which helped with weight distribution. The Schui also benefitted from (in GP spec) better suspension, back box and 18" alloys. Also had the unique Ferrari red paint. They're also getting cheaper to buy second hand, but with the new tax system, that's not surprising :eek:

Have to say, the diesel approach could be the best option. Late model 150 as mentioned earlier would be the best to aim for, but they're not incredibly common. With the Stilo, due to the depreciation, even the later cars aren't massively expensive compared to their rivals. Basically aim for the latest and lowest mileage you can find (y)

Last edited:
I'm open to offers on my Schumacher no.27. It has the GP kit, and just 26k miles...

How many wer made out of interest?

200 right hand drive models overall, only a limited number were the full GP spec. I think less than 50%, though people can set me straight on this and I'm sure they will ;)

There were other versions of the "Schumacher" in other countries, but each differed in spec compared to the UK one. They even offered a 5 door version in some territories. Think they still sell it in South America as well.

Back