General little problems

Currently reading:
General little problems

Just some problems that have accured:

Ive got no handbrake light on my dash, should i ?????

My window Wind deflectors wont stay in the centre of the window ?????

My Driverside door lock dont open propely, is this common and is there a fix ?????

Bravo 1.8 hlx

Thanks

the handbrake light will be due to the switch on the handbrake lever. either the connector has come off the the wire has been damaged or the switch is faulty.

can you post a pic of the deflectors in their normal positon and the position they go to when they become off centre?

do you mean the lock wont open remotely or with the key? does it unlock ok?

ok will give it a go later, also i need to align my steering wheel. but its got an air bag, shall i disconnect my battrey for acouple of hours then take it off carefully???

ok sorted the steering wheel, all went well. but the brake light is being a pain.
i found that it had no bulb, so i swaped the bulb from my abs warning and the light comes on all the time. would this be becasue the cable is earthing out some where. there for there is a constant connection when the ignition is on????

sounds like someone took the bulb out to hide a fault, tut tut :nono:

the most common cause is the brake fluid reservoir sensor, which iirc is in the lid. try replacing it if some basic tests suggest the switch is not switching. also check the connector at the front of the handbrake lever. if this fails to cure it you'll need to do some wiring continuity and short tests.

Back