Technical Linea T-Jet : Abnormal RPM behaviour at Starting.

Currently reading:
Technical Linea T-Jet : Abnormal RPM behaviour at Starting.

Navin Talati

Dear Friends,

Your valuable guidance is earnestly invite in this issue with my Liea T-Jet.
When I start the car, the engine RPM (as per odometer) goes to about 1300 rpm and after 1 or 2 minutes it sets to its normal value of 750 +/- 50 rpm. Afterwards it remains normal.
What may be the cause of this behaviour and how to resolve it?
Kindly help for this.

Navin Talati / 10-12-2018

Last edited:
That is NORMAL and EXPECTED behavior.
Also known as electronic choke.

keeps the engine running better until il heats up a little.

The car has clocked about 53K KM. This behavior is observed only since Sept-2018. Previously it was not happening. --- means this is not a normal behavior in this case.
Please guide.

I would suspect a temperature sensor to give a wrong signal to the ECU, fooling the last one with a low air or coolant temperature, thus increasing the idling speed (electronic choke).
OR the battery is weakening and the ECU ask for higher revs in order to get the alternator more charging, eventhough 1300 seems too high, I would expect 1000 rpm max …

What is the external actual temperature where you are ? You can check with OBD reader and MES if it matches the one reported by the sensors.

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Dear Bernie,
Thanks for the reply.
I am from India. Presently the ambient temperature remains around 17 to 30 deg. C.
Actually my car was submerged in the flood and water entered inside up to the gear stick base level and hence the airbag CPU is removed- which is to be replaced yet. the airbag error appears as usual.
There is also slight sound while pressing the clutch pedal. no other issues presently.
Could this be the reason for abnormal rpm?
What else should I check? - Please guide.

Does this happen every time you start the engine, even when it has warmed ??

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Usually not when warm. (i.e. immediately next trip after stopping somewhere for few minutes or so).

The car has clocked about 53K KM. This behavior is observed only since Sept-2018. Previously it was not happening. --- means this is not a normal behavior in this case.
Please guide.

This is normal, nothing to worry about. All petrol engines do that on cold startup for 1-2 minutes. No way this started now.

Back