Leaving the Fiat fraternity

Currently reading:
Leaving the Fiat fraternity

Re: My MJet GPS

Clears up my confusion then (y)

I think certain colours always look better in the flesh [sorry metal] than you expect.

I bet you'll miss the torque :D

Did you trade it in or will we be seeing the Mjet around here still?

Yea I traded it in Payney, got what the local Fiat dealer offered me against an £11k 09 Plate Bravo 165T, but the Hyundai was up for £3k less with half the miles on it. I'll miss the torque for sure, and the seemingly never ending shuv up to 4.5kRPM :eek: But its always a Trade off innit... oh & my GPS will be trundling around in the Wigan area... Northwest area anyhow (y)

Good luck with the hyundai mate the spec list looks very impressive also is your daughter still running a swift?

Last edited by a moderator:

Not wishing to be rude...but wtf does this have to do with Ffoxy getting a new car?

Good luck with the hyundai mate the spec list looks very impressive also is your daughter still running a swift?

Hi Steven, thanks for the Post :)
Daughter part ex'd the red Swift at her work for a 206 cc in black...that was just about a year ago...she regretted it ever since so as u ask... by coincidence... she picks up her 2010 white 1.3 today! Lowered, some nice alloys on it... in fact everything she wanted to do to her old car is done on the new one! And the scary thing is we are looking at another 1.3 for my youngest today & over the coming week... Mrs Ffoxy bought her Kia Picanto a month or two back as well... busy car buying time here! :eek:

Thats just your opinion for what its worth (not a lot)

Yes ..sound advise Bill they said simular about skoda years ago and just look at them now..:p

Once again good luck with the car Ffoxy..

Last edited:

Yes ..sound advise Bill they said simular about skoda years ago and just look at them now..:p

Once again good luck with the car Ffoxy..

Cheers Phil, I did ask Johnson550 to explain his attitude but he cant, TBH I dont get the biased or narrow minded views expressed by a few words in one liners, I know my logic. :D

Cheers Phil, I did ask Johnson550 to explain his attitude but he cant, TBH I dont get the biased or narrow minded views expressed by a few words in one liners, I know my logic. :D

Well thankyou sir..:D

Good luck Ffoxy...just remember to get it dealer serviced:devil:

r.e. arguments, this is a fiat focused forum so of course it will be biased (just as others are) however IMO its the more the person that counts wether I (and perhaps others) want to talk to them about other cars etc.

Its the old dave beckham saga...everyone hates him but when he scores for england everyone cheers him:confused:

Back on topic anyway, I heard something about kia/hyundai warranties being restricted when second owner has it....anyone?

Fiat warranties...I have said for years that the stupid 3rd year warranty must go. Having a customer wait for ages in a showroom while authority is waited on is laughable in this modern world!

Hi Steven, thanks for the Post :)
Daughter part ex'd the red Swift at her work for a 206 cc in black...that was just about a year ago...she regretted it ever since so as u ask... by coincidence... she picks up her 2010 white 1.3 today! Lowered, some nice alloys on it... in fact everything she wanted to do to her old car is done on the new one! And the scary thing is we are looking at another 1.3 for my youngest today & over the coming week... Mrs Ffoxy bought her Kia Picanto a month or two back as well... busy car buying time here! :eek:

Rather you than me buying all those! Shame they dropped the 1.5 in the later models otherwise i'd probably be having another as mines getting on a bit (runs like clockwork but the rattles in the interior on a rough road are unbelievable), would be interested in what the ride quality is like lowered. Also I remember you saying she had a 206 now you mention it.

Will look into the I30 a bit actually is that the one that is a platform share with the Kia Ceed?

Rather you than me buying all those!
Cost to change all 3 cars is £9,500 Steven, & as money in the Bank gets sweet FA interest these days we save a further £1,200 on loan interest.. Put another way we swapped all 4 of our cars over 6months for about £1k more than the GPS cost me to buy 4 years ago...

Result I think...
Shame they dropped the 1.5 in the later models otherwise i'd probably be having another as mines getting on a bit (runs like clockwork but the rattles in the interior on a rough road are unbelievable), would be interested in what the ride quality is like lowered. Also I remember you saying she had a 206 now you mention it.
TBH I cant really feel that much oomph difference between the 1.3 & the 1.5 having driven both back to back yesterday. The ride lowered (30mm) only shows up on very uneven roads... she loves the car!

Will look into the I30 a bit actually is that the one that is a platform share with the Kia Ceed?
More the C'eed shares the Hyundai platform as Hyundai are the parent company & the i30 preceded it in release. Well worth a look.

See above Steven.

More the C'eed shares the Hyundai platform as Hyundai are the parent company & the i30 preceded it in release. Well worth a look.

See above Steven.

Was told by dealer that deisel engines on the ceed come from merc..some of the earlier models also used the merc engine..:eek:

Was told by dealer that deisel engines on the ceed come from merc..some of the earlier models also used the merc engine..:eek:

I'll have a dig around on that Phil...it seems early Kia Sedona models used a Merc derived motor, but as far as I am currently aware Hyundai/Kia began research & design on their own diesels in 2008/9 & build all their own engines for the C'eed range now which wind up in Hyundai diesels too but I couldnt swear by it. I have seen statements that early Hyundai/Kia small diesels were Suzuki / Fiat derived & there were some from the USA. What I will say though is that there are no DPF or CPF (as Hyundai designate the DPF) issues known about on the diesels in use now.

Last edited:

I wish I could resist being drawn by puerile rhetoric :eek:
I've had more cars than I care to mention, we had a Stilo Airbag special too not long back... as well as my very reliable GPS which would see that Stilo of yours off in a heartbeat. The point you're missing is the value for money & well documented owner satisfaction.

It was a question which dosent require research. They do would have been enough without the rest of the crap you wrote.

I'm not stupid... I have seen your previous Posts of rubbish in this Thread attacking Phil. If dave & Phil have differences leave it to them they are grown up's, unless of course you have issues with him you could substantiate?

Last edited:
Back