LC motors Cwmbran any good ?

Currently reading:
LC motors Cwmbran any good ?

rick oshea

GRANDE GP CREW
Hi had my panda 3 weeks now purchased from a ford main dealer on merseyside..promised me car had service before pick up date.later found oil dipper just above empty they also promised new mot. Yet I found a corroded back exhaust box and no advisory listed on the mot which I feel is bogus. On top of that car seems to be running rich and has black oily liquid coming from exhaust now and again. A work colleague has recommended LC motors to me saying they no there stuff and ain't rip off merchants. I need someone to restore my faith in garages and sort out these problems and save me a trip back to merseyside . So looking for your thoughts on LC motors good or bad. Also can someone tell me if a lamda sensor would be covered by a used car warranty. Many thanks.

I've not used them personally as I'm in near Oxford, but I've heard good things about them, particularly on AlfaOwner.com where a few people have taken their Alfa's to them to avoid using Lookers, who are the Alfa main dealer in Cardiff.

The following post on AlfaOwner mentions them at the bottom of page 1. That's just one of several good posts I've read about them. They strike me as pretty old school, none of this 'the computer isn't saying anything therefore everything must be fine' boll*cks that dealers seem to like saying these days.

Why Lookers got the Alfa franchise instead is anyones guess, based on the feedback they get by comparison!

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/711121-your-best-and-worse-dealers.html

Hi had my panda 3 weeks now purchased from a ford main dealer on merseyside..promised me car had service before pick up date.later found oil dipper just above empty they also promised new mot. Yet I found a corroded back exhaust box and no advisory listed on the mot which I feel is bogus. On top of that car seems to be running rich and has black oily liquid coming from exhaust now and again. A work colleague has recommended LC motors to me saying they no there stuff and ain't rip off merchants. I need someone to restore my faith in garages and sort out these problems and save me a trip back to merseyside . So looking for your thoughts on LC motors good or bad. Also can someone tell me if a lamda sensor would be covered by a used car warranty. Many thanks.

Sorry no idea..,

bob1969 is more local;)

Lambda probe = wear and tear item in my book.., :rolleyes:
why not get the codes read,
any misfires, etc will be logged, ;)

Charlie - 1.1 active(s)

Well took car to LC motors Cwmbran today. What a great guy. Really knows his fiats and alfas. Turns out that the car had been overfilled with cheap oil (there words) and sludgey oil deposits were in the exhaust in which LC drilled a tiny hole to help facilitate its release other than that all was good. LC are not the cheapest but saying that they don't charge extortionate prices it's a case of you pay for quality. Even though I'm Swansea/Essex based LC will be the garage of choice from now on..Well happy.

Last edited:
Back