Attachments

• Image(108).jpg
    Image(108).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Image(90).jpg
    Image(90).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 19
Snowing.

Now My Housemate has gone to work (BMW moved) – here’s a couple better picks (taken from standing height this time lol).

The depth of field is not to good – look at Snoop’s head – he’s out of focus. Can’t really grumble for the price…

Kind Regards,

Attachments

• Front_2.jpg
    Front_2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Snow_Side.jpg
    Snow_Side.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 24
Ps How Do I Change The Main Thread Icon?

Hi All,

icon14.gif
Just to let you know Louie Bee’s Photo Gallery has been updated with more lowering picks :eek:

:rolleyes: Pity I have no before picks – never mind.

icon15.gif
I’ve hit my free gallery limit, so I’m going to have to get pay pall and
icon2.gif
donate some cash
icon3.gif
to FF for their good work lol :cool: (y) .

icon5.gif
Can anyone tell me if I can rename my Pictures? I want the Graph one first, Then Mk1, then...

Kind Regards,

The Edit: - :( it Didn't work the post title is CASE SENSITIVE...

Last edited:
Sorted It (now I see Profile link :eek: ) Cheers Luke!

I deleted the picture from my gallery ("My Gallery" - "Profile" - "Manage Photos” ) - then re - uploaded with alternate file name. :rolleyes: Just got to work on the order and prob. file size lol.

DnB .. good stuff.. my first choice towards techno .. otherwise.. its all hip hop ..

I read this thread .. nice info on lowering .. have given me alot to starting thinking my own new uno project... but at the moment I am more like louie here ... way outta pocket I'd say LOL ..

Re: Top Shock Gives up

Wow - Louie, this thread was so old I was REALLY confused! I was about to reply and then saw that I already had, over a year ago :D

In some ways I'm a bit of a hypocrite, as my lowered Uno Turbo with the 15" wheels (195/45 tyres, exactly as Luke says you need!) transcends a few of the sensible boundaries of modification! Or at least, it does compromise the safety and ride comfort to some extent. Pretty much exactly as I went on about - it's handling is more 'sudden', the steering doesn't give as much warning of breakaway. But at least the suspension still feels fairly 'soft' and not too bouncy - that's probably the biggest danger in a small, light car.

I am sorry about the hassle with the rear suspension mounts. I still haven't got them fitted, but with a constant rattling from the back, I think I need them. Would you like me to send some money so you can buy some more OEM ones? ;)

coldfirejones - good idea! The Uno as standard is really high - notice how 'right' Louie's 45 looks AFTER it's been lowered! It's not in the same league as those super-low 'slammed' Yank Tanks with airbag suspension (WHY is the back end always scraping the ground and yet the front pointing to the sky?!) or the Mondeos etc. with the wheels inside the wheelarch, BTCC-style.

My Uno Turbo - about 50mm lower than standard - didn't even raise an eyebrow at the vehicle testing station. They could see it didn't have cut-springs or anything rubbing, so it was fine... I think it looks 'right' too!

FIAT obviously had to reach a compromise with load-carrying capability (five adults, remember) and ride quality (some of the roads in Rome are hard to believe, but then they are very old!) You are quite free to reach a different compromise - but suspension mods are always that, a compromise!

I don't think you need to worry about your wheels. They look great! Wait until the tyres wear out, then if you're still concerned consider putting on some 14" rims if you can find them cheaply (say, 50-100 pounds) or get some 13" alloys off Louie. I think the main reason to go with bigger wheels is the availability of tyres - the optimal (maximum) size for 13" is 185/60 13" which can be hard to get (at least, in NZ - might be easier over there in the UK).

No, first priority before wheel size is shock absorbers (dampers, struts, call them what you will) and then some lowering springs. Don't be tempted to cut the springs (or have them cut) - they will not fit properly into the spring perches.

Of course while fitting the new shocks/springs you need to have a good look at all the bushes/mountings and the front control arm balljoints, as there's no point leaving any 'weak links' in the system (if you'll excuse the pun).

Now I'm not trying to be nasty, but you might find it better value to sell your very tidy-looking and well-kept 5-dr Uno and get a Turbo instead - preferably one where someone else has already spent hundreds of pounds modifying the suspension? It's fun to do it yourself, but if you're paying to have it done, it definitely makes better financial sense to buy a car that's already modified. I think even the big-time modifiers here (Dunc, Frosty?) might agree with that ;)

-Alex

I ain’t been on here for a bit :eek:
GS said:
I am sorry about the hassle with the rear suspension mounts. I still haven't got them fitted, but with a constant rattling from the back, I think I need them. Would you like me to send some money so you can buy some more OEM ones?
Like you said, ‘the min you sell them you’ll need them’. No need to send a penny Alex ;). Cheers for the offer, but a deal is a deal in my book :). All you owe me is some feedback for the transaction :p.

I have sorted the rear suspension mount issue cheers.

I’d agree with Alex about buying into a ready moded Uno Turbo being the cheaper option. I’m wondering where the fun in that would be ;).

Oh yer Alex, get them fitted ASAP :p it’s an easy job.

Regards all,
Louie Bee.

Back