General Larger car needed, suggestions welcome.

Currently reading:
General Larger car needed, suggestions welcome.

Moimo

Currently I own a 1.6 mjet fiat grande punto sporting and in 4/5 years of ownership it has been brilliant, it has been well looked after by me ( and MES) and after what I consider a long time I am looking for something bigger. Specifically a Volvo v50 estate 1.6 drive e, if it came in r design so be it but lots are leather and most are fully loaded, my fiat has leather, cruise etc and will be a tough car to replace as it has been great.

Anyone got anything good bad to say about the Volvo or other suggestions, I like the v50 as it is compact yet delivers a lot of car, like mine currently it’s quite niche as I never see another one in my trim or engine, I’m not interested in a focus estate or similar as there are millions of them about and it holds no interest, though I appreciate how that effects how cheap it is to then run and maintain. I like the Volvo safety concept but as my daily drive is a mk2 golf that is nearly 30 years old so anything will no doubt be safer than that.

I can't say anything about the Volvo but I have recently bought a 2016 500x 4x4 for my better half (which is 10" shorter and 5" higher than the Volvo) but comes with the AWD system which feels very assured in bad weather plus leather, Nav, heated seats and steering wheel, keyless entry etc. I wasn't expecting to enjoy driving it having traditionally driven large diesel saloons but actually I do. you m,ight want to consider it if you like your Fiats.

It's actually the Jeep Renegade with a different body!

You'd have to get a used one as in 2018 they don't do diesels or the 4x4 anymore

The turbo failures are brought on by EGR and injector issues.

My brother had a Focus with this engine. Turbo remanufacturers won’t warranty replacement turbos on them due to failure rates. Once you’ve had one fail, it usually leads to a series of replacements.

Back