General Knocking/clonking noise???

Currently reading:
General Knocking/clonking noise???

Steph2010

Hi,

Can anyone help me please?

I have a fiat grande punto 1.4active sport 57reg, bought it 3ish week ago and seemed fine, been out today and again everything was fine but on the way home it started making a clonking/knocking sound, it sounds like its from the front passenger side wheel but my partner as looked under bonnet and under car and can't see anything wrong he's checked the wheels and all seem fine. It isn't when I'm steering, it's making it when I'm just driving along. Nothing seems different with it when driving it other than the actual noise... Although the more I drove the more it seemed to do it.

I bought the car as a repaired cat c but I don't know the damage that was done to the car, neither did the guy I got it from.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

doesn't sound too positive, mine had/has various clonking noises, part of the trim from the wheel arch fell onto my wheel and made a pretty horrific noise till I managed to fasten it back. I know the suspension can cause some nasty knocking noises so it may be worth to get a mechanic to give it the once over (y)

My arch liner popped out and made a horrid scrapping noise and has burned a hole through it! My suspensions make a nasty klunking noise when turning right!

hey, i had the same problem few months ago. I took it to the garage and the guy said, that i had messed up my wheel links (both front wheels), and it cost me £60 (including labour) to get both the wheel links fixed.

hope that helps Billy ;)

Thanks for the replies.

It doesnt make the noise when turning the steering wheel, also the wheel arch liner thingy is missing, i had a stilo before and this happened in that so that was my first thought but it hasnt got one on the left side...

Billy93 - i hope it is that cheap what ever it is ;):Dlol

It is booked into the garage tomorrow so fingers crossed it won't be anything too bad!

Good news!!!

Garage just phoned me and apparently the roll bar had come loose:confused: any way its been tightened and cost £54 for labour.

I thought it was cheap :/... I asked him to check obviously what the knocking noise was
but i also asked him to check the car over in general. He didnt change anything just tightened it. Maybe im been ripped off?? :'(

Back