Keys

Currently reading:
Keys

I emailed Meta website lastnight and got a reply,they gave me uk contact numbers for a supplier.So rang them up and their stockist dont get hold of them anymore,would have to be a fiat job if you want them.Even if you try to buy direct from the Italian main website,they wouldnt sell 1 to you.Other option would be to go on the .co.uk website and see what they have available.(bearing in mind the m20 isnt an alarm,just a R/C/L module)

Or failing that,get a remote alarm off the bay lol :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :)ready for MOT

I doubt if you will get one from the dealers now. As you say, the best option is to fit an alarm with a remote wireles option

Just been to Timpsons and they have quoted me £75 for a duplicate key, which seems somewhat expensive, but still far cheaper than a main dealer.

They said it was because the car is a 2001. Prior to that it would be £25 but the type of chip was changed to an encrypted one hence the cost.

my car is 2001 and the cloned key cost £25. that was 3 years ago.Do a search because a chap used to come on here, I think his name was Barry. He will sort you out

so if i were to get another key and put the chip it in,would it work?
Only got the 1 key lol

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :)ready for MOT

but then you will still have only the one key. you need the one you have cloning. All they do is copy it with the computer they have. then cut the profile

i knew what i meant,came out wrong lol
ill get a blank key and get it cut then :)

well the locksmith will have the blanks, he should do it while you wait, when they did mine he came to the car to make sure it worked ok.It was a place called "MR KEYS"

Received this email today from the largest locksmiths in the area:-

You will need to order the key from Fiat as it needs to be supplied with electronic information on the key that is supplied by Fiat and relates to your vehicle, then we can program the key to the car, which costs £30 @ the shop
This bit is important, you will also need the security code to enable the Fiat key to be programmed. If you havent got the security code you will need to order it at the same time you order the key.

Seems strange, i had mine done while i waited. just a clone of the blue key, 80SX 2001

stilton, take it to a different locksmith! i had mine done for 25 quid from a local place, works a treat! i forget the name of the guy joske recomends however if you cant find a local guy to sort it i would say its the way to go...

stephend

Managed to speak to previous owner and he still had the red key, so do I presume I am better off cloning that one as it is in better condition that the blue one?