Technical Key, keyless problem

Currently reading:
Technical Key, keyless problem

Ridah

New 500e 42 kwh Icon,
Hello members, ive got a problem with keys to my fiat… its always saying i need to put key in the holeninnthe armrest to start the car. I thougt its a battery but ive changed ot and its still the same. Also keyless opening door is not working… whats the proem. Ive got also that key in shapemof stone without buttons its also not working at all! Any ideas? Ive bougt used 1.5 year car with 6000km so its like new… when i was having ICE 500 always electric issiues was 12v batterie maybe here is the same
Thanks a lot for help!

New 500e 42 kwh Icon,
Hello members, ive got a problem with keys to my fiat… its always saying i need to put key in the holeninnthe armrest to start the car. I thougt its a battery but ive changed ot and its still the same. Also keyless opening door is not working… whats the proem. Ive got also that key in shapemof stone without buttons its also not working at all! Any ideas? Ive bougt used 1.5 year car with 6000km so its like new… when i was having ICE 500 always electric issiues was 12v batterie maybe here is the same
Thanks a lot for help!

Hi :)

Has it been driven enough..

Or FULLY CHARGED.. to get the 12v battery good?

The wearable "pebble" key has a sealed battery so can't be replaced. 1.5 years isn't long for it to last and I'm aware of others who have managed to get these replaced under warranty - might be worth trying in your case, either through a dealer or direct with Fiat.

The more traditional keyfob remotes do appear to chew through batteries at an unacceptable rate. Some people claim that using a recognised brand such as Energiser or Duracell helps lifespan but this isn't my experience. Do you have any other errors popping up on the car or is it only the key?

The wearable "pebble" key has a sealed battery so can't be replaced. 1.5 years isn't long for it to last and I'm aware of others who have managed to get these replaced under warranty - might be worth trying in your case, either through a dealer or direct with Fiat.

The more traditional keyfob remotes do appear to chew through batteries at an unacceptable rate. Some people claim that using a recognised brand such as Energiser or Duracell helps lifespan but this isn't my experience. Do you have any other errors popping up on the car or is it only the key?
No errors only the key is not in the car and i need to put it in the arm rest.

I think the "hole in the armrest" advice is to stop people putting it on the mobile phone recharging shelf, which apparently destroys the electronics in the key. Mine is always in my RH pocket, which, despite it being a RHD vehicle, always works.

No errors only the key is not in the car and i need to put it in the arm rest.
The centre console is where the receiver is so the instruction to place the key there normally relates to a low battery in the key. Just to clarify, does this happen when you use the buttoned fob on its own and also when you're using the pebble on its own? I've heard of this as a persistent issue with faulty pebbles but not with the key fob so if it happens with both, it could be a problem with the receiver in the car. Your car will still be under warranty though.

Back