Technical k&n insurance question

Currently reading:
Technical k&n insurance question

shnowzy

thinking about getting a k&n air filter or a simiar one for my car but i would like to fit it in a configuration where the old one is still there ie 2 air filters twice as much air cant b a bad thing seeing as the insurance will not ask the question did u take out the old one.
il just say i fitted a k&n they wont ask did i remove the old one ;);)
so question would be the new k&n is going somwhere on top of the old box in a y shape tube configuration.
would i have to remove the mass air/air temp sensor and if so where would i put them now in the new config could i leave the temprature one there???
please help

????? what you proposing is crazy.youre fitting the K&N as the standard filter is restrictive?if you want to keep the old box configuration then just fit a performance panel filter,if not fit the K&N as you will see no benifit from what you propose[xx(]

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

you will be restricting the air flow further and not producing any power gains and more or less starve the engine of air! if you dont want to have any probs with insurance fit a k&n replacement panel filter.

Little Red Devil
AWAITING OPERATION
(L.R.D). ICE started and put on hold. Still need a rear bumper. "its proper getting better i tell thee!"

no what i mean is from the intake manifold split the air line thet goes to the airbox in 2 like a y shape valve bottom of the Y is the manifold at the top one size goes to old airfilter othe side goes to new one so there is 2 air filters feeding the one tube k&n one side old one other [8D]

dont care how you do it,you are still forcing air through 2 intakes,intakes are restrictive by nature of a compromise.if you want to do then do it but you will see no gains for the extra work and fannying about.fit the K&N with a direct cold air feed!!!!

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

Re: k&n insurance question

thinking about getting a k&n air filter or a simiar one for my car but i would like to fit it in a configuration where the old one is still there ie 2 air filters twice as much air cant b a bad thing seeing as the insurance will not ask the question did u take out the old one.
il just say i fitted a k&n they wont ask did i remove the old one ;);)
so question would be the new k&n is going somwhere on top of the old box in a y shape tube configuration.
would i have to remove the mass air/air temp sensor and if so where would i put them now in the new config could i leave the temprature one there???
please help
Forget fitting a K&N , I had one on my abarth sporting and it runs too weak due to too much air. I am going back to a standard cinq sporting airbox and a performance panel filter. drill some extra holes in the top of the piece that goes in front of the air filter down to the exhaust manifold if you want more air. As for the setup you are suggesting, it sounds like a lot of work for little gain.

Re: k&n insurance question

This thread is over 3 years old lol, so I guess the OP isn't still thinking about it. ;)

On the topic of K&N, it a highly topical subject with little conclusive proof, but I have had no probs with it!! Subjectivly it gave a performance boost, and seemed to give me a few (5-10mph) extra on the top end.

GSR is on the way though, so I'll have to see how that does (y)

Just hope once i get the GSR, I can finally fit the strut brace I have sitting around :)

Kristian

Back