General Just bought my first Seicento, what do i do now !

Currently reading:
General Just bought my first Seicento, what do i do now !

Jamieyorky

Hi Just joined the forum, love messing around with cars and have just bought a Fiat Seicento for the massive some of £80 !

The car was traded in at my work, its a 1 lady owner car with 36k on it on a 52 plate.

The Seicento is only the 's' so is boggy base but looking for ideas what do do with it, it wont be going on the road this year and dont have a clue what to do with it.

let me know what you have done to yours !(y)

im tempted to build a hill climber but would i need a diffrent engine it or would the 1.1 be enough?

I bought one as a stop gap and had it 11 years, I had the basic model too. Fantastic little car and wish I had kept it. Go kart engine is pretty good all round for most things and a bargain at £80. I always wanted to cut the back off and make it a small pick up but always got told off. Threads on here somewhere. Its easy to fix, cheap to run and fun, fun, fun. Take some weight out and get fatter tyres and you need do no more ;)

Brought her home on the trade plates this evening. Drove really well ! Quick polish after tea.

Had the machanic have a look over it at lunch and says it needs 2 wheel cylinders so will get them orded soon.

Attachments

• IMG-20160914-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20160914-WA0002.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 55
Mine was black too, get some wheel trims as I did, makes so make difference and not worth buying expensive wheels. I also got a slightly fatter tyre put on the front as grip was an issue sometimes. These fitted on the normal wheel

Mine was black too, get some wheel trims as I did, makes so make difference and not worth buying expensive wheels. I also got a slightly fatter tyre put on the front as grip was an issue sometimes. These fitted on the normal wheel

Thats what im going to do. The front seats are currently out of the car, ive given them a good clean and tidy it up for now. The long term plan is to strip the car and fit 2 bucket seats in it.

have a chat with your insurers before spending 1 penny on any modifications.

Cheers

D

Yeah i will be doing. The insurance isnt much for me as im not a teen anymore ? but im sure it will go up when bits are added !

Last edited:
A clean '52 with only 36k on the clock?!
Don't touch it!
Polish out every single scratch and shampoo the interior.
Give it a full service (I mean the works, cambelt, transmission oil, brake fluid, all filters, plugs & leads)
Then enjoy driving it! [emoji106]
If you really want, find some Abarth skirts, boot spoiler and alloys (new ones can be found on eBay), would look gorgeous in black!

Last edited:
A clean '52 with only 36k on the clock?!
Don't touch it!
Polish out every single scratch and shampoo the interior.
Give it a full service (I mean the works, cambelt, transmission oil, brake fluid, all filters, plugs & leads)
Then enjoy driving it! [emoji106]
If you really want, find some Abarth skirts, boot spoiler and alloys (new ones can be found on eBay), would look gorgeous in black!

Really?

i thought there was loads of low mileage Sei's around.
you really think i should leave it as it is???

Bucket seats? Are you going racing in it? I wouldn't bother as stated the insurers would think your going to drive it like a looney otherwise the standard seats are absolutely fine. The wheel trims and slightly wider tyres shouldn't affect the insurance as these could have been fitted by the previous owner and how do you know they are not standard ;) The skirts, spoiler and alloys would look nice but again would affect the insurance more than buying the Michael Schumaker version I would assume. Carry a spare clutch cable as this was the only weak point I found in the car and have it fitted by a proper person or it will just snap earlier as I think there is a little rubber that most people forget to renew or put back.

Bucket seats? Are you going racing in it? I wouldn't bother as stated the insurers would think your going to drive it like a looney otherwise the standard seats are absolutely fine. The wheel trims and slightly wider tyres shouldn't affect the insurance as these could have been fitted by the previous owner and how do you know they are not standard ;) The skirts, spoiler and alloys would look nice but again would affect the insurance more than buying the Michael Schumaker version I would assume. Carry a spare clutch cable as this was the only weak point I found in the car and have it fitted by a proper person or it will just snap earlier as I think there is a little rubber that most people forget to renew or put back.

Yeah like i say im open to options at the moment, the car stands me a £80 so im not bothered if i keep it standed or mess a little with it, the insurance isnt anything to worry about as im sure it wont go up much. i may just leave it as it is but im unsure. like i say its a project and something to mess with in my spare time.

regarding the clutch cable its funny you say that as its just has a new one fitted before i bought it ! take its a common thing what goes is it?

Really?

i thought there was loads of low mileage Sei's around.

you really think i should leave it as it is???

I think that it's NEVER gonna be quick unless you change the engine. The bodywork looks really smart.
Smart bodywork + 36k = keeper.
As I say, give it a load of tlc. Genuine fiat parts and a nice new set of Pirelli rubber all round and you've got a really smart little car.

Id drive it for a while as it is then and you'll realise although not quick, its a lot to do with how you drive it, lets say I was often the fastest thing on the road lol

I had 3 clutch cables go in the 11 years I had it and at no time was this to do with the clutch or gear box. Apparently this was a left hand drive design they switched over so the cables bends a few times. 20,000 miles per cable I averaged out roughly.

£80 is such a bargain get me one lol

Id drive it for a while as it is then and you'll realise although not quick, its a lot to do with how you drive it, lets say I was often the fastest thing on the road lol

I had 3 clutch cables go in the 11 years I had it and at no time was this to do with the clutch or gear box. Apparently this was a left hand drive design they switched over so the cables bends a few times. 20,000 miles per cable I averaged out roughly.

£80 is such a bargain get me one lol

:D yes £80 is a bargain i know, help being in the trade. the car acutally came into our dealership at £30 ! but with a stupid £50 admin fee it made it £80, still a bargain i think though.

im going to give the car a good service mext month and get it on the road.

Back