General juddering?

Currently reading:
General juddering?

jonnybravo88

hi i have a fiat bravo 1.4 12v 1997. on tickover the revs seem to fluctuate, also when the car is driving it judders sometimes, as though it is not getting fuel, even on a full tank. the car seems to use a lot of fuel, i have been told it may be a temperature sensor that controls the fuelling as the temperature of the engine changes, has anyone any idea what this sensor is called and let me knoe if you think that this is the problem? also couldit be a throttle body, injector etc? would appreciate any help! thanks

If its similar to mine 115hlx there is a lambda sensor attached under the manifold, ive had to replace mine due to temp guage not reading properly and using a lot of fuel.

Hope this helps

i have been told it may be a temperature sensor that controls the fuelling as the temperature of the engine changes
that would be the coolant temperature sensor on the thermostat.
on the 1.4 the same sensor is shared by the temp gauge and the ecu, so if your gauge is working you know the sensor is fine.

judder is a misfire, so it could be ignition. have the plugs and leads been changed in line with the service schedule? do you know when they were last changed?

Last edited:
Back