Technical JTD vacuum tank info required

Currently reading:
Technical JTD vacuum tank info required

could anyone let me know which pipes go from where to where on the vacuum tank? :eek:

i have taken them off to remove the engine and cannot remember which is for which. there are three pipes in question:

pipe to the overboost valve
pipe to the stop valve
pipe to a T-piece on a larger pipe

kind of need the answers soon as :eek:

cheers people(y)

are you serious???? :confused:
Yes.
I have never taken a stilo one off, and it is possible they may have a one way valve on the inlet port, but it probably doesn't. The other pipes definitely don't matter at all.
You should be able to blow through the ports to find if any have a valve on them.

As a matter of interest, where does the vacuum supply come from?

I'd assume inlet manifold but being a turbo is it always negative pressure :chin:

The vacuum pump on a JTD is driven off the end of the cam shaft (gearbox end). It has a large pipe coming out that goes to the brake servo, with a smaller one teeing off it to supply the other actuators on the engine, via the reservoir.

All turbo engine have to have this pump due to there being pressure in the manifold, unlike a normally aspirated engine which has a vacuum in the inlet manifold which can drive brakes / actuators directly.

Hi guys.I am trying to find the same thing.can anyone tell us which hose goes where.I don't think it can be random,because before I removed all the hoses it used to be pressure on the hoses.Now they are all wrong fitted and I have no power under 2000 rpm and there is no pressure on the hoses.any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

Can anyone have a look please at those hoses?As I searched the all over the internet and couldn't find nothing regarding vacuum.Many thanks.

Hi,
I've not found the hoses.. or the servo..:confused:

This is the ones that I am trying to find which goes where.If anyone can tell me that would be great.
It can be a bit tricky to find.If you are looking from above the engine they are right underneat the EGR valve.I think its easier to see with engine cover off.If you look at fuel filter and then left and a bit down you should be able to see them.I have marked with red in the picture where roughly they are.Many thanks

Attachments

• Vaccuum Tank & Valve.JPG
    Vaccuum Tank & Valve.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 396
  • slide-image-83706_WM.jpg
    slide-image-83706_WM.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
So I had quite a few looks over the internet at those hoses.From what I can see is that one hose that is coming from overboost valve is going into the vacuum tank directly.The one that is coming from the bigger hose (I think its the vacuum pump) is going into the upper part of the vacuum tank.And the one from the shut off valve is going in to the upper part of the solenoid/valve.I have done all this on my car but still no luck.As a matter a fact it seems worse than before.Does anybody with Fiat Stilo 1.9 jtd lives nearby Perth,Scotland?
Why is when I remove the maf plug seems to be a bit better?The maf is only 1 month old and is pierburg.I took it out and its really clean.
And why in the smallest slope the car will lose speed,no matter how deep I push the acceleration?Many thanks

Just an update on the tread.The hoses are now as I said above and they are definetly on the right order.I cleanead the Map sensor and I can hear the turbo again,and can feel the power on straight lines,but in ramps there still is some power loss and quite a fair amount of black smoke.Those things might be another problem to look in to.Thanks for all you help guys.Have a great Christmas and a happy new year!!!

Back