Technical JTD engine stuttering - P0683 Code

Currently reading:
Technical JTD engine stuttering - P0683 Code

My 2006 1.9 JTD started to "stutter" when warm so I plugged in FiatECUScan which gave me the following:
P0683 - Engine ECU - Glow Unit Communication Signal Low
I've had a look at the various connections coming off the the glow plugs and everything seems ok, anyone got any ideas as to what this could relate to? Do I need to pull the plugs and replace them? It seems unlikely that they would even be used when the engine is warm so I don't know why this is happening.

Crap, DPF clog fatal error came up at 67%, engine wouldn't rev past 3,000 - did a regen and FiatECUScan said something about certain things being outside parameters and only brought it down to 60%. I didn't think to write the error down as I thought it might be related to the glow communication problem.

The thing is that I now have a coolant leak :cry: I can't see the source clearly but it seems to be running down the shield between the gearbox/clutch and engine and is dripping down onto the lambda sensor. Is it mechanic time or can I do something about this? :eek:

Ok, once I calmed down I realized that this is probably coincidental and is more than likely one of two things: thermostat or head gasket :( I'll see if I can whip off the thermostat tomorrow and narrow things down.

Anyone able to help on the error code and a possible fix?

Hi there, did you have any joy with this? If so what was the problem/solution please? I have the same problem. I have replaced the air mass sensor, cleaned out the egr and the last stage seems to have made things worse if anything. Not going over 3000 revs is a nightmare!

Back