General Jojo - sedici going strong

Currently reading:
General Jojo - sedici going strong

surely most alternators are basically the same? but only really differing in pulley and internals(output)? they're usually made by the same manufacturer...:chin:

charging rate, direction (?) and most importantly mounting points, i went thru a fair few and this is the closest.

where it bolts to the block needed opening by 4-5mm and top adjuster mount lines up with oe tipo adjuster - which is great.

pics of dead tipo alternator here - comparison pics to follow :)

only issue is finding belt as corsa has one more groove in pulley as it uses a belt with one more groove, so either will fit tipo pulley on corsa alternator needs machining or use tipo belt on corsa pulley

bit of work but alternator was free and is like new (y)

Attachments

• Image048.jpg
    Image048.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Image051.jpg
    Image051.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Image049.jpg
    Image049.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Image052.jpg
    Image052.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 16
when i put my mk2 engine into my mk1 i swapped the alternator as the mk2 one was dead, but i had to change the pulley as one of them had a extra groove in it, cant remember which one had the wider belt but there is a differents between the mk1 and mk2. bit of useless infomation for you lol:)

JOJO IS UP FOR SALE

Need space for new project.

mail me at

[email protected]

for info price / offers / pics as i dont get on here often

has 20vt alloys all round now

cheers (y)

you can't scap her, i'd buy her but can't my wife would go nuts!!!!! I've already got on Tipo 16v taking up space and my Panda 100hp. Wait a while i'm sure someone will buy her.

you can't scap her, i'd buy her but can't my wife would go nuts!!!!! I've already got on Tipo 16v taking up space and my Panda 100hp. Wait a while i'm sure someone will buy her.
only one reply

does no one care for the poor tipo anymore:cry:

sorry mate for not replying.
my email has been down

if interested please give me a call 0n 07768 266 329

thanks

(y)

JOJO LIVES :eek:

New tyres, 2007 vauxhall corsa alternator fitted, fully serviced cleaned out and given to my girlfriend to use :)

Happy Tipo ing guys :slayer:

Attachments

• tp.jpg
    tp.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 50
  • tp2.jpg
    tp2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 49
  • tp3.jpg
    tp3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 44
changed coil today and it runs ok, very fast! gave it a wash and hoover out but still accelerates well, the heater is pretty good but the fans squeaking a bit after prolonged use, not sure whether to sell it now its a great car and still mot and taxed :)

Attachments

• tipo.jpg
    tipo.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 30
What a shame - and a waste. The dear old 16v does seem to be in no-mans land at the moment re values.

People want the cars but want it them for nothing, but I reckon in a couple of years thet will "bounce back" just tlike the strada 130 did!!

Back