General Jacking solution or no

Currently reading:
General Jacking solution or no

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Measure the height of your jack at fully lowered.
Measure the height from the floor of the rear axle points used by this tool.
Measure the height of the tool.
Do the sums.

Have you tried one?
I don't have a definite answer for you

I watch a couple of YouTube video of the harbour freight version which is almost identical

of the three cars it was tested on, it needed a second jack to lift the car slightly to get it under

it doesn't fit my trolley jack as mine doesn't have the necessary bolt hole

now I have thought about it I would have thought they were unsafe in lifting a car. I will see if I can explain in words without pictures

imagine two jacks, 2 metres apart. with a piece of scaffolding board between them, it would act as a bridge
now imagine the board balanced on one jack and you now have a seesaw.

I can see other uses such as transmission jack. But once the pads are two far from the centre its liable to tipping.

When I first saw these, I got quite enthusiastic. Then after some thought, decided against.
As detailed above, the risk of tilting is there, and once it starts to tilt, you won't stop it, but instinct may have you jumping in, and getting squashed.
Ideally this is a lifting tool only, then stands would be used. Great for most cars where a central lifting point is difficult.
After its new springs a couple of years ago, my Panda now sits higher than it did, but still I don't think one of those would fit underneath. Having to lift it a little each side first, before using this beam seems a nonsense, might as well just lift each side, one at a time, and sit it on a stand before lifting the other to match.
For older vehicles with greater clearance, this might be useful. The classic Panda is quite high at the rear, so that could be useful there, although they do have a central pad for lifting.

Personally, I think this is in the category of a great idea, a pain in practice. It'll get used once or twice, then sit in the garage unused.

I made a cheap lifting beam from some 6 x 2 timbers. It works but its totally not worth the hassle. At least it was cheap.

To jack the back end - Chock front wheels. Put jack under rear of the swing arm. Lift the car and put an axle stand under the sill jacking point (use a support block to protect sill flange). Move jack to opposite side and repeat. If you want it higher, lift each side a little and adjust the stands.

Back