General Well cared for or excessive ?

Currently reading:
General Well cared for or excessive ?

Juliann

What are people's views on the attached service history....all from the same garage (except Jan24) since 12 months old in 2006; upto 50,000 miles.
A 'Friday' car ? over-cautious owner (one owner, 94 year old gentleman- age now, not in 2006!)? Enthusiastic garage? All work detailed was charged for, including the new steering rack at 12 months old and 4,000 miles.

Having purchased the car, part of me couldn't feel happier (it's like Trigger's broom); but part of me feels sad and concerned.

Attachments

• Panda 4x4 Service History.pdf
    101.2 KB · Views: 36
I bought one same year about 3 years back a Diesel it too had steering work at low milage,
maybe a bad batch but it has suffered a few problems due to low milage, it only had 20000
on the clack when I got it but now at 36000 it has settled down to a good reliable run around.

I'd much rather have a car like that with good service history than no history at all, it's all good providing the work has been carried out properly which having been done by a main dealer all it's life I would have thought so, although it isn't always good as with a Cinquecento I had once for example which had over £3k in receipts that had been spent on it from a independent garage but their work wasn't very good, it turned out the elderly lady I bought the car from they'd been ripping her off as I went through the receipts & everything they had done had been bodged, they had changed the rear dampers at some point & when I was underneath it one day doing something else i saw those rear dampers were in fact held on with cable ties with the nut & bolt missing completely on both sides

There's nothing that's excessive about it, just routine annual stuff, most cars should be similar, just looks worse here as it's a lower annual mileage.

I keep similar records for mine, mainly becuase I've got 5 to look after and need to remember what's next.

Last edited:
Back