AETV61365847_1b.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>its Time For A Change<<<<<<<<

Introduction

>>>>>>>>>>>>its Time For A Change<<<<<<<<

stay tuned :D

Re: >>>>>>>>>>>>its Time For A Change<<<<<<<<

:p pick up thursday 53reg

only thing thats putting me off the type r alloys is there only 17" and the type r is lower then the sport so on the sport isnt there gonna be a big gap i cant really lower the car as i want be able to get i off the drive
i was going to got with 18" or 19"

got it today
im sorry to say it mile better than the bravo comfort responsiveness im well impressed

the subs etc are going in tomorrow that should be fun

Last edited:

bigger wheels will need lower profile tyres so the gap will remain the same.

if you fitted larger tyres to fill the gaps then you'd also make the car sit higher, raising the centre of gravity. that isnt good for handling, and increasing the clearance under the car doesnt look good either (unless you want to go for the moster truck look.)

learn from teen chavs in corsas, they make these mistakes so you dont have to.

learn from teen chavs in corsas, they make these mistakes so you dont have to.
Hahaha nice.

I once saw a crappy white corsa with ridiculous alloy wheels then as the car was driving along bumf one of the back wheels fell off, and crunch it hit the deck. I laughed a lot.

oooo ive been looking at getting one of these! milano red or cosmic grey!

I dont even like the vtec engine and yet i still want to own one!

Attachments

• vtec-5.jpg
    vtec-5.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 117
  • vtec_motiv.jpg
    vtec_motiv.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 33
  • vtecyogt8.jpg
    vtecyogt8.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 17
  • VTECYo.png
    VTECYo.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 22

I dont even like the vtec engine
either you havent driven one before, or you're barking mad. :confused:

have a go in an s2000 and then tell me that its ok for an engine to redline before 9250rpm. its easily the best engine i have ever had the pleasure or getting my grubby mits on (i love alfas but i can still admit the vtec easily beats the arese V6)

Last edited:

the REAL honda engines are awesome (CTR, ITR, etc) but the standard range of engines are hardly different to most other car engines. Eg, mates brand new 1.8 civic sport, the "vtec" is very uninspiring. I'd rather have a mk2 HGT.

Last edited:

the REAL honda engines are awesome (CTR, ITR, etc) but the standard range of engines are hardly different to most other car engines. Eg, mates brand new 1.8 civic sport, the "vtec" is very uninspiring. I'd rather have a mk2 HGT.

the new 1.8 civic does 0-60 in 8.6secs and a top speed of 127mph, and they get 138hp from it.
compare that to a 1.8 bravo and it wipes the floor with it. even a mk1 HGT is only 0.4secs quicker to 60, and that has a bigger engine with an extra cylidner and more power and its lighter too.
so really you cant say the latest 1.8vtec isn't an amazing performer for what it is. no one else is selling a naturally aspirated 1.8 engine that can shift a car of that size to 60 in 8.6ses.

on my bro's civic aerodeck (gen6) it only had the 1.5vtec but it bloody flew for an estate. some how it could beat my 1.6 bravo and keep up with my 1.8 bravo. at the time i really considered getting a 1.8VTi saloon, which can blow away a mk1 bravo HGT even though its a bigger car with a smaller engine. unfortunately the interior is unfit for anyone under the age of 55 so i didnt bother, but the engines are perfect imo.

Last edited:

the new 1.8 civic does 0-60 in 8.6secs and a top speed of 127mph, and they get 138hp from it.
compare that to a 1.8 bravo and it wipes the floor with it. even a mk1 HGT is only 0.4secs quicker to 60, and that has a bigger engine with an extra cylidner and more power and its lighter too.
so really you cant say the latest 1.8vtec isn't an amazing performer for what it is. no one else is selling a naturally aspirated 1.8 engine that can shift a car of that size to 60 in 8.6ses.

have you even been in one? i have, and while it looks good on paper it isnt all that great. Good, certainly, but not exactly mind-blowing.

add to this the fact that one person i know with one uses 1 LITRE of oil every 600 miles (and the dealership told him it was acceptable for a 20k mile car :eek:), and and maybe you see why i dont care for em especially.

have you even been in one? i have, and while it looks good on paper it isnt all that great. Good, certainly, but not exactly mind-blowing.
its too big and safe to feel fast. a car like that really needs to do 0-60 in less than 8 secs to feel quick. still, you'll be overtaking plenty of boyracer cars while you fall asleep.

add to this the fact that one person i know with one uses 1 LITRE of oil every 600 miles (and the dealership told him it was acceptable for a 20k mile car :eek:), and and maybe you see why i dont care for em especially.
i'd a do a compression test, something definately isnt right. it will be killing performance and fuel economy too.

either you havent driven one before, or you're barking mad. :confused:

have a go in an s2000 and then tell me that its ok for an engine to redline before 9250rpm. its easily the best engine i have ever had the pleasure or getting my grubby mits on (i love alfas but i can still admit the vtec easily beats the arese V6)

i've only ever driven the 1.6 VTEC, it was awful tbh, just no power whatsoever low down, but sounded great. 0-60 is like 10.5 secs aswell

Back