General It's not my week

Currently reading:
General It's not my week

Aggggghh!

It's a 1995 panda with fuel injection and when accelerating it just looses power with a big jerk, like fuel starvation but then a few seconds later it's back and all normal

It's all ECU's and Coil packs so not as familiar with that one as the older cars

Is there anything that I should check out first. Over the last while we have put in a fuel pump from a 40k panda and a new set of coil packs too

Thoughts

Aggggghh!

It's a 1995 panda with fuel injection and when accelerating it just looses power with a big jerk, like fuel starvation but then a few seconds later it's back and all normal

It's all ECU's and Coil packs so not as familiar with that one as the older cars

Is there anything that I should check out first. Over the last while we have put in a fuel pump from a 40k panda and a new set of coil packs too

Thoughts

Blocked fuel filter maybe?

hi read your problem with your Panda.I used to own a Tipo,which had a similar problem.Eventually my FIAT dealership found out that it was a burnt out electrical plug connection on the inlet manifold.The connector would cost about 50p but as it came as part of the manifold it was going to cost about £500. Sorry!!!!!!!

Aggggghh!

Thoughts

Would the word 'hesitation' describe it well? If so, good luck, still suffering with it on my Selecta. Worse when damp and only intermittant normally.

If it is remeber Urchin has ECU reader to plug in to fault find:worship:
he will need a long lead on it to reach jims panda :p
Would the word 'hesitation' describe it well? If so, good luck, still suffering with it on my Selecta. Worse when damp and only intermittant normally.

sounds like pourus (sp?) leads look for sparks jumping over the out side of them when its dark n damp

sounds like pourus (sp?) leads look for sparks jumping over the out side of them when its dark n damp

Well although the leads are arcing now (not changed yet as its just sitting in garage at the mo) it wasn't a missfire like hessitation. It was defo electronically induced by ECU or something if that makes sence?

Jim is too embarrassed to post this but I found the solution to the loss of power when accelerating...

Put some petol in the car!!!

(the fuel gauge is wonky and it was running on fumes, lol :D)

Fred

Back