Off Topic Itching

Currently reading:
Off Topic Itching

Ordered my SuperSport 6 weeks ago and was told it might take 12 weeks. Got an update earlier in the month saying its due end of this month. Since I was told this I've now gotten a massive itch and can't wait anymore :S

Looks like the end of the month might now be out of the picture but since it was mentioned I just want the car :p

I've been told today it's 'Still in production'. Question is how long could it take from being finishes to getting over here and ready to pickup?

How longs a piece of string? :p When I ordered my GP new it took 4 weeks from that point.

Very nice choice. Are you doing your daily miles in it?.

Yes but my job has changed and I've moved within 3 miles of work so mileage will be Down to normal sensible amounts :)

Oh and I last filled up 11 days ago :)

Last edited:
Was it ever!
I knew at the time that it would take that long, or for the same money I could have had a Vectra special edition that was like a BTCC car in about 4 weeks, but I was set on the Impreza in silver. It was mind-blowing after the 2.5 Omega I had been driving before.
There were some things you had to get used to though, like if you went round a wet roundabout a bit cautiously it would understeer, but if you had the balls to give it some more it would drag you round and shoot you down the road in the right direction.
Or just after I got it I pulled out of a side road a bit sharp-ish in a big puddle, and as I was still on lock it came on to boost and the front wheels hit the dry tarmac at the same time. I almost did a 180 and ended up facing the road I had just pulled out of!
But, changing up from 3rd to 4th on the rev limiter at 118mph is something I won't forget in a hurry!

Ordered my SuperSport 6 weeks ago and was told it might take 12 weeks. Got an update earlier in the month saying its due end of this month. Since I was told this I've now gotten a massive itch and can't wait anymore :S

Looks like the end of the month might now be out of the picture but since it was mentioned I just want the car :p

I've been told today it's 'Still in production'. Question is how long could it take from being finishes to getting over here and ready to pickup?

It's worth the wait as your be owning a rare car (y)

Was it ever!
I knew at the time that it would take that long, or for the same money I could have had a Vectra special edition that was like a BTCC car in about 4 weeks, but I was set on the Impreza in silver. It was mind-blowing after the 2.5 Omega I had been driving before.
There were some things you had to get used to though, like if you went round a wet roundabout a bit cautiously it would understeer, but if you had the balls to give it some more it would drag you round and shoot you down the road in the right direction.
Or just after I got it I pulled out of a side road a bit sharp-ish in a big puddle, and as I was still on lock it came on to boost and the front wheels hit the dry tarmac at the same time. I almost did a 180 and ended up facing the road I had just pulled out of!
But, changing up from 3rd to 4th on the rev limiter at 118mph is something I won't forget in a hurry!

peole look down on Impreza's because lots of chavs own them, but they are fantastic cars. We've got a single turbo legacy which is what the Impreza turbo was based on, it provides amazing performance for a 20 year old car.....

When I got the Impreza it certainly wasn't a Chav's car because it was too expensive and you couldn't easily buy one. But as they have become older and cheaper then this has happened of course. I am sort of ashamed to admit that the main reason I got rid of it was because we were broken in to one night, all of us, kids at home at the time all in bed. Nothing was taken so the police said they were after your car keys, so we thought we had got off lightly as they were next to me in the bedroom and the bad guys hadn't come looking for them. Then not long after that a neighbour who also had an Impreza was broken in to (well a patio ornament through the patio door to be exact) and he was threatened with a knife from his kitchen so he handed over the keys.
Mrs Codger got nervous after that, and to be honest, so did I :)

The impreza turbo and lancer evo were the wrong uns car of choice for a long time not sure if the lancer still holds title of the most stolen car in Britain. Thing is they weren't just stolen to sell on or for kicks alot were stolen as getaway cars. Seem to remember a guy had an evo 3 stolen and recovered 3 times...each time it had been used as a getaway car then dumped. However can't find it on the net now so it seems a bit ridleys believe it or not.

It's worth the wait as your be owning a rare car (y)

Aye, according to how many left there were only 16 registered by end of Q4 2012!

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/abarth_punto_evo_supersport

So that's 16 in 6 months they sold. Im guessing the figure will still be under 100 even now.

I seem to have a thing for rare cars. Only around 750 of my Bravo's around. Compared to the 1500 Cinq Sportings which were still in circulation when I had the Cinq. (y)

Should have got a legacy turbo, ultimate q car :)
You're probably right, but at the time it had to be an Impreza! The attention did make you a bit nervous though. Everytime you parked it in a public car park you were worried if it would still be there when you came back.
I stayed at the hotel attached to the NEC once and the porters got me so paranoid about them being nicked from their car park I had to bung him £20 to let me park it right outside the main doors for a few nights!

You're probably right, but at the time it had to be an Impreza! The attention did make you a bit nervous though. Everytime you parked it in a public car park you were worried if it would still be there when you came back.
I stayed at the hotel attached to the NEC once and the porters got me so paranoid about them being nicked from their car park I had to bung him £20 to let me park it right outside the main doors for a few nights!
The Impreza is just a Legacy with a bit cut out of the floorpan :) All the fun with practically none of the attention.

Eeeek! It's landed! Dad went up at lunchtime and took a sneaky picture :D

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1371475776.689311.jpg

Back