Technical Is it ok to redline an Mjet engine?

Currently reading:
Technical Is it ok to redline an Mjet engine?

In order to run a dyno on my car, I have to stay pedal to the floor in second or third gear until the engine redlines for a few long seconds.

The Mjet screams so loud when you go over 5k rpm that I don't know if it's safe.
What do you think?

I would imagine it's the same as all cars, petrol or diesel. It can safely be redlined, but it doesn't do the engine any good because of the extra stresses and strains put on the engine components.

Well it is, but you'd have to be an idiot to over rev, but you'd be surprised how many cars it's done to, as it's normally recorded on the ECU :p

Cars for the past 20 years have had rev limiters so the only way you can get them to go over the red line is to drop them into a low gear at speed.

I know about the rev limiter but there's still some doubt in my mind.

I wonder if the rev limiter in the multijet is mechanical or electronic. if it's electronic then would my remap mess with it and put the engine at risk?

Last edited:
Id go as far to say that taking it to high revs is good for the engine if done when conditions are right (ie all up to temperature). It will help dislodge soot from the engine. Just look at the crap that comes out of the exhaust when you do so!

Back