Technical Intermittent wiper not working.

Currently reading:
Technical Intermittent wiper not working.

Xtina40

I'm new to this so many apologies if I have posted this twice??? I have recently bought a Stilo jtd desire diesel 02 plate and the intermittent wiper will only move once and then nada?? The other speeds work fine. Is this easily fixed?? All info greatfully appreciated. Thank you.

Are you sure your car doesn't have rain sensors because if it does, there is no intermittent speed for the wipers, the positions are:

1- off
2- sensor
3- 1st speed
4- 2nd speed.

Look at windshield from outside of the car, do you see a similar sensor like in the picture attached? If you do, start the car, close the wipers then start them on the 1st position (sensor), pretend you are 3 again, put a finger in your mouth to moisten it then put it on top of the sensor and you will have a surprise. :yum:

Fiat_Stilo_front_20080711.jpg

Last edited:
vladof i have that similar picture on my windscreen, but the stalk looks like in the picture attached, and is intermittent wiper, not sensor.

Attachments

• u_stilo_columnstalks_fm69445.jpg
    u_stilo_columnstalks_fm69445.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 78
You don't get rain sensor failure on your dash do you?

I've uploaded a video about this.

Excuse the music. Girlfiend CD :p .

Also, check out the relevant page in the Stilo Handbook.

Rain Sensor Handbook.jpg

Because the rain sensor comes with the light sensor included, you can also check to see if you have the rain sensor by pushing the light switch to the automatic position. If you have no automatic (A on the stalk) light position than you don't have rain sensors either.

Last edited:
I was wrong earlier, no sensor on mine, silly me, srry.

But now i'm curious, i need to change my windshield with a new one: if i put one with rain sensor, can i transform the intermittent wipers to sensor wipers? ( position 2 of the stalk)

A new windscreen doesn't come with a rain/light sensor. It only comes with the actual masking to where the sensor is fitted. I have changed 2 windscreens to far and they kept the same sensor every time. :)

You will need to buy the sensor but chances are your BC is not programmed to recognize it so it won't actually work. I guess it could be enabled somehow but I don't think FES can support this right now.

If anyone knows better please confirm as I haven't really heard of anyone trying to fit this on a car hasn't had one installed in the first place.

Anyway, part no. is 60684944 and it costs 144,29 EUR on EPER. :)

Last edited:
Are you sure your car doesn't have rain sensors because if it does, there is no intermittent speed for the wipers, the positions are:

1- off
2- sensor
3- 1st speed
4- 2nd speed.

Look at windshield from outside of the car, do you see a similar sensor like in the picture attached? If you do, start the car, close the wipers then start them on the 1st position (sensor), pretend you are 3 again, put a finger in your mouth to moisten it then put it on top of the sensor and you will have a surprise. :yum:

View attachment 98374
I had this exact 'problem' so this will teach me to read first. I had the wiper motor in bits this afternoon cleaning out the grease it's packed with thinking it was the sticky wiper problem that I had on my last Stilo. Still the 'problem' persisted until I read this and had a pleasant surprise in realizing that I have rain sensitive wipers and that it's not another Stilo electric mystery....I hope in wiping away the grease I have not caused any problems. What time of grease could I repack it with if necessary?

Thanks

I guess regular white grease should do it. :)

I've read on the forum that some people actually took away some of the grease because of this sticky problem.

Put it back if you feel like it needs the grease. If not, just let it be.

Back