Technical Interior Ventilation not Working

Currently reading:
Technical Interior Ventilation not Working

ShainTheSheep

Hi,

So recently my cabin fan/heater stopped working. It wasn't off instantly, it sometimes came back on for a second then turned off again. But now I'm completely off

I have disconnected the fan from the car and tested it with 12V and confirmed it works, I then tested the resistor which was also working.

I went to test the input from the battery (Lb/B) wire Into the switch and its only reading 9-10V

The Y/R wire going into the fan was reading the same voltage, on all fan settings ~9V

I'm not sure what my plan of action is now or what to do, I'm planning on checking the wire block Lb/B, B, Y/B to see the voltage there to test if it's a broken wire going to the switch

Thanks For the Help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-090341.png
    Screenshot_20231020-090341.png
    362.8 KB · Views: 94
Hi-I would assume you should see around 12v at full speed on the fan motor output -9v seems low but I will have to look it up. I think they run from 6-12 volts depending on power output.
Other than that I would check the control switch as you say….

According to the plan, the motor is powered by the voltage of the battery at high speed, at other speeds the resistors in component 12 mediate, from what I see there is a relay in series, if all the fuses are OK, maybe the problem is in some connector. I also don't know what part #9 is

I know there is a way to search Google for images- maybe you could crop(section) off no.9 image and search?y schematic reading isn’t what it used to be but looks as though it’s a power gate of some kind?

I’m thinking the fans work when the engine is off so is it a secondary live feed for the fans and such…..?

Yes I had the similar thing happen with my tail light cluster connection. Moisture over time had gotten in and corroded the pins, also on my boot opener controller!!

I found the problem. I had a fuse tap hooked up to the fuse that also controls the fan, it had a loose connection which caused the fuse socket to melt, making it an even worse connection. that was what cause the varying voltages, removed the fuse tap and cleaned up the socket and put a new fuse in.

Great news- Nice when you can do a job yourself! Saves hundreds in garage fees no doubt too👍🏻

Back