Technical Intelligent Speed Assistance

Currently reading:
Technical Intelligent Speed Assistance

CamperDoctor

Will 2024 Ducato vans delivering for Autotrail camper vans be fitted with Intelligent Speed Assistance?
I guess a wider question is, will 2024 Ducato vans delivering into the UK market have ISR (Intelligent Speed Assistance) fitted as standard. I’m assuming all vans made for the European market must have ISR fitted because my understanding is it’s now European law. But there has been much speculation that fiat will simply fit equipment as standard on all vans produce (as it’s simpler)

I’m assuming all vans made for the European market must have ISR fitted because my understanding is it’s now European law.
law applies to all new “cars” therefore vans maybe exempt from having to have this fitted. Also it’s not law in the uk so fiat may choose not to fit it to keep prices down, commercial vehicles is an area which is hotly contested on price, so as a consequence anything that can be done to shave a few pennies off, fleet buyers are unlikely to care about such things.

law applies to all new “cars” therefore vans maybe exempt from having to have this fitted. Also it’s not law in the uk so fiat may choose not to fit it to keep prices down, commercial vehicles is an area which is hotly contested on price, so as a consequence anything that can be done to shave a few pennies off, fleet buyers are unlikely to care about such things.
Yep agree about the wording of the law in terms of “cars” and that was the confusing part. It initially said all new cars, as in newly released models or model years being released, but then the second stage of the roll out of ISA appeared to drop the “cars” phrase, and applied to all new vehicles sold. All I can think is this was just an extension of the first section and they assumed the target vehicles had already been defined well enough in part(1).
My understanding is the Ducato already has a facility for fleet buyers that allows the max top end speed to be restricted. This is a dealer programmable option. Although I’d be OK with ISA being fitted for it’s functionality (guessing/hoping it would make contesting a speeding fine easier), my issue was really two fold: (1) Assuming it would have the interior mirror located cameras - which gets in the way of the blinds (2) What happens to the system when you’ve got poor GPS reception

Knowing FIAT I wouldn't be so sure.

Try asking Autotrail, they will be the closest to know the correct answer, as they shall know what specifications they have ordered.
The response I got from Autotrail was that Fiat Model year variants were out of Autotrails control and may be introduced but would never impact the specification of their products. I’m assuming this meant that they don’t specify to this level of detail. Eg they don’t say if the cab lights come on and off when the door opens.

Back