Installing a remote starter kit

Currently reading:
Installing a remote starter kit

ashby1108

Morning guys,
I’m just about to go and start installing a remote starter kit.
I’ve tried everywhere to find the wiring diagram and even paid for Emanuel which was utter rubbish.

I have the 1.3 multijet doblo.
Has any one else installed one of these or know where I can buy a decent Manuel?

Thanks in advance

So, is this a kit which allows the vehicle's engine to be started remotely? Say perhaps whilst you are eating your breakfast in the kitchen so it can warm up before you go out to it? I ask because somewhere deep in the misty fug which constitutes my memory these days, is surfacing a thought that you commit an offence by leaving a vehicle with it's engine running unattended?

Or are we talking about a sophisticated remote starter actuator. The only type of remote starter I've used is a simple switch which bridges the starter solenoid so you can more easily crank the engine when working on it. The thought of starting any vehicle's engine when not there so you can immediately "kill" it if something goes "pear shaped" is something I would be avoiding like the plague.

I’m with Jock on this. I’m unsure of the legalities here, unattended engine running as Jock points out. What about the insurance? Does this effect anything? Personally, and only my take, this is something that’s not really needed. Just my thoughts.

There is not much to installing a remote starter,
Relay to switch on the ignition, another to crank the car and a sensor to detect when the car is running to stop the cranking!
Obviously if you have a manual car you need to also check if it is not ingear and if it has a transponder in the keyfob then you need to bypass that or the car will never start.

It is possible that MODERN remote starters have all the needed security bypass included, who knows, did you mention the brand of remote starter you have?

Remote starting is cool, I have had it on many cars and bikes.
Most of the wiring can be got from behind the ignition key.

Best of luck, but check the laws in your area or just own the risk..

Hv.
Morning guys,
I’m just about to go and start installing a remote starter kit.
I’ve tried everywhere to find the wiring diagram and even paid for Emanuel which was utter rubbish.

I have the 1.3 multijet doblo.
Has any one else installed one of these or know where I can buy a decent Manuel?

Thanks in advance

Back