Styling Improving headlight power

Currently reading:
Styling Improving headlight power

Hi

driving in dark often, any chance to improve headlight power?? Was thinking of "xenon" bulbs, as well with aditional spotlights mounted to front bumper, any ideas??

Was checking this shop, got cheap stuff, any experience??
bulbs

spotlights

Which spotlights will look better square or round??

Thanks

Last edited:
The only headlight bulbs in that list that would be legal are the bottom ones, the 'rally' bulbs as they are the correct colour for headlamp bulbs (white or yellow) and are the correct wattage, 60/55w.

The blue tint ones are not road legal.

The other link links the to same page as the first.

Also remember that the bulbs must be 'E' marked, many cheap bulbs (and blue tint bulbs) are unlikely to be.

These are very dear but appear to be the brightest legal bulbs:

Osram

Philips

link repaired

dont want to change wattage of bulbs because had very bad(melting) memories of that :D

want to connect "angel eyes" (is this legal in blue???? seeing it daily on trucks and 4x4) to dimmed/parking lights and spotlights will be connected through relay of course to beam and with extra switch on dashboard to turn it all off

If you are going to mount 6 inch lights above the bumper you will have to give thought to where you are going to mount the back stays.

With smaller lights you might get away without a backstay, providing the mountings you use are firm enough.

I had six inch lamps on my Cinq, when I was allowed only two, and these were mounted upside down from the bumper mounts and then had double back stays on to strengthening plates behind the bumper.

Don't go for spot lamps, driving lamps will give a better spread of light at cento speeds.

Cheers

SPD

As well as the above, use quality bulbs.

Forget anything with a blue tint. It just reduces light output.

Philips Vision Plus or Osram Silverstar always work well.
As well as a quality bulb, you also need them aligned properly on an MOT beam-setter.
Don't just guess with it pointed at a wall.

I've always found my Cinquecento headlights to be very good, even on fast unlit roads.

mf_220343163_a911a62744558511555527db37582efc.jpg

want to connect "angel eyes" (is this legal in blue???? seeing it daily on trucks and 4x4) to dimmed/parking lights and spotlights will be connected through relay of course to beam and with extra switch on dashboard to turn it all off

No blue is legal, white to front, red to rear. I see those lorries too, most of them are foreign and have no regard for the law (n)

This is a good read as to why blue is not a good idea.

There is also the possibility of dazzling other drivers if the spotlights have no dip pattern (I say IF as I have no knowledge if they do or not), Lights with no dip pattern can only be used in fog as they will act like a torch beam, light in all directions.

I would try the brighter headlight bulbs first, no need to worry about mouting spotlights, legalities, extra wiring etc. etc.

Regarding the angel eyes/spotlights, There is also something in the lighting & MOT regulations about all lights having to be operated by the one switch, will possibly post back with it (if I find it)

Last edited:
Strange it was only a few weeks back me and the wife said how impressive the standard healights on the cinq were compared to other cars i have owned, but they were set slightly above limit thus longer beam and kept getting flashed but i have no probs on unlit roads.

Funny, my 1997 cinquecento had the worst headlights I've ever seen. The Seicento I own now is a significant improvement, however most cars can still outshine me in my experience. However, if you point your headlights upwards you're going to get other drivers flashing you, usually me :)

I occasionally get people flashing me, and I know my headlights are aiming correctly. I am aware that the Seicento is a feat to contend with when you meet one oncoming - the headlights glare a lot, especially with one behind you in the rear view mirror. But my headlights do light up motorway signs (high up) when other cars could only dream of doing so.

Last edited:
everything with lights is ok - not coroded, connections fine, cleaned and resprayed, for begining I buy +50% osram silvers-now its REAL difference.

but lifetime its half from normal bulbs (saler said its normal, every percent of higher luminance means lower lifetime, its also written on package), price is twice, and now allday dipped beam lighting is compulsory here so its not a good idea to burn expensive bulbs on sunny days :( (OMFG what a stupid law-ill never understand this)-probably will use normal cheap bulbs for allday use and for night dirves will mount some spotlights to use with main beam-effect will be much better on empty roads and still with cheap bulbs

Back