General I'm back!

Currently reading:
General I'm back!

lifeline

Hi all,

It's been a while but I am back again - this time with an Abarth Selespeed in that yellow colour I have always wanted from when I first saw the Stilo. I got it dirt cheap as it's ten years old now but I love it...it seems to have been well looked after. So much fun to drive with a wonderful sounding engine. Round town it is very jerky especially when changing down the gears in Auto....is this normal? I know they have a reputation as a bit of a problem child but I could not resist it's looks! Can't believe they are so cheap now...a lot of car for the money.

I got rid of my previous 1.6 Stilo in 2009 (the one in the avatar) after the steering rack snapped and was driving around in a little Hyundai until I saw the pictures of my old stilo and remembered what a beautiful looking car the Abarth is. This one was had just the spec I wanted - schumacher bumper, claw alloys, lowered 30mm, all leather interior and so many toys to play with - skyroof too!

I am sure someone on here was the previous owner as there are Fiat Stilo Forum print outs that came with the paperwork....anyone know who's it might be? It has a private plate on with the first three being 'IIG' and on the standard plate before it the last three letters are 'XTC'

The only thing that does not seem to be working is that the up change right hand paddle shift is not working...but cannot really complain....especially as I always drive it in Auto....any one know how much this would be to repair out of interest? Oh and the skyroof curtain is missing - would like to replace this if possible.

Sorry to ramble, just pleased to be back in the car I have always wanted but could never justify buying ten years ago!

Here is a picture...isn't she gorgeous! :)

07.jpg

In that pic it doesn't look like a 30mm drop all round. Looks more like 40 front and 20 rear. Not that it's a bad thing, she looks nice.

I bet the old owner made a few £ on the original plate.

Back