General I Have A Dream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General I Have A Dream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selway1984

HEY FOLKS....

huge engine.jpg

In this dream there was several hot young ladies......

well thats another dream actually but in this dream my lil red chinq had a head gasket blow around december 06,which was swiftly repaired!!! But rather then just accepting the repair i went all out and bought a used engine which myself and my co worker (CAMMEDVTR) set about stripping throughly and rebuliding...(Donna Engine Above)

this includes porting and polishing head/ exh manifold/inlet manifold..Replacing standard chinq cam with a punto 75 cam and re shimming... Wet and dry sanding of all faces block and head
new clutch kit_new thermostat_new driveshaft oil seals

as u can imagine the money has flowed and all has gone well so far

i have a complete picture diary off the past four weeks and am trying to put in my gallery for show like

The rebuilt engine is going in saturday i was wondering if any body had done the same and had come across any blocks or obsticuls that might hinder this OPPERATION!!!!!! HAHA

any advice would be well taken

thanks for ur time

:slayer:

Last edited by a moderator:
i opolgise for the size of the picutre peeps stills a novice at the computer lark......
:bang:

not making it into a 2 engine car iam doing a engine replacement......

this includes porting and polishing head/ exh manifold/inlet manifold..Replacing standard chinq cam with a punto 75 cam and re shimming... Wet and dry sanding of all faces block and head
new clutch kit_new thermostat_new driveshaft oil seals

The rebuilt engine is going in saturday i was wondering if any body had done the same and had come across any blocks or obsticuls that might hinder this OPPERATION!!!!!! HAHA

:slayer:

I'm doing similar
  • Gas Flowed/Ported/Max Skimmed/ multiangle valve Seats -Cylinder Head
  • Ported Inlet Manifold
  • 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold to performance system
  • Enlarged Throttle Body
  • Induction Kit
  • Possibly Uprated Fuel System
  • Mckrich Chip
  • 866 Camshaft
So would love to know how much your engine is better over standard (y)

hey no probs... will post when i have the engine in and done....

just wonedered where ur 866 camshaft is from (which car)???(y)

It's from an FF member with a punto, from what I remember reading there was a 60 engine with a wilder cam which is just like the punto 75 cam (I think - I have some confusion over this still, and have had very little sleep today :)). And this is where mine came from.

The 866 cam was fitted to the P75 and some found their way into P60 lumps :) If it's an 866 cam, then 866 will be stamped on the shaft.

hey thanks chaos for clearing that up for me.....

mine already says 866 on side so am all gud.......

skinz wat else u got going in ur mota ???

i have a complete engine sat in my garage if u need any parts (block / head manifolds / tb / sump).......:cool:

Check my parts wanted list, that's pretty much the full spec of how the engine will hopefully be this summer up in the other post though, I also have an alloy radiator and have just started to buy an 82 degree thermostat just to keep everything really nice and cool in the summer traffic :)

You may find my cylinder head thread of interest in the Technical Section :)

Back