Technical How to turn off Stop Light Indicator

Currently reading:
Technical How to turn off Stop Light Indicator

orangefiat

The stop light indicator came on in my 2015 Fiat 500. Because the bulbs came in a package of two -- I went ahead and replaced both. They now both work fine however the stop light failure indicator still is on in the dashboard. Anyone know what the problem is or how to turn that off?

The stop light indicator came on in my 2015 Fiat 500. Because the bulbs came in a package of two -- I went ahead and replaced both. They now both work fine however the stop light failure indicator still is on in the dashboard. Anyone know what the problem is or how to turn that off?

Hi, Welcome to Fiat Forum
Have you checked all your lights? What about the high level brake light? Normally if you turn the car off and on again the warning goes out until you turn the faulty light on again, is this what is happening, the light stays out until the first time you press the brakes? If so it is likely to be a corroded connection or the infamous rear hatch wiring loom issue https://www.fiatforum.com/500/354891-hatch-wiring-cables.html?354891=#post3525566

Robert G8RPI.

Thanks -- Ill double check that all the lights are working. I changed the lights about a week ago, and indicator light has not stopped despite driving it multiple times. Otherwise Ill check the wiring etc. Thanks for the responses

Thanks -- Ill double check that all the lights are working. I changed the lights about a week ago, and indicator light has not stopped despite driving it multiple times. Otherwise Ill check the wiring etc. Thanks for the responses

The warning system is sensitive to the wattage of the bulbs used; some aftermarket ones could be sufficiently outside of tolerance to still trigger the light.

Remember to see what message flags up at the point of starting? (as it only appears for a brief time)

Back