How often do you do the basic checks on your car?

Currently reading:
How often do you do the basic checks on your car?

Weekly Poll: How often do you do the basic checks on your car?

• Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm ashamed to admit I'm no longer as diligent as I used to be at checking oil, coolant and tyre pressures on the car. I'm beginning to think I actually have a minor phobia of opening the bonnet of the punto probably due to all the problems I had with it last year and the dread I used to feel when seeing the coolant level go down. I don't even top up the screen wash unless I really have to.

So, how often do you check your oil, coolant and tyre pressure? Stick with the daily for those of you with several cars

Coolant once a week, Oil once a month, Tyre pressures normally if i'm doing a long trip but always the first thing i check if something doesn't feel "quite right".

The Suzuki seems hyper sensitive to tyre pressures, probably due to the stiff suspension and electric short ratio steering, if the pressures are squiffy at all it's really easy to feel it.

I'm currently telling myself it's the heavy diesel engine that's making my front tyres look slightly flatter than they should be. Now that's denial/procrastination :laugh:

Must stop by tesco on my way in to work tomorrow...

Take it a good run every week martyn... and i will get cables and fittings to fix it soon ;)

if it came across arsey I wouldn't even have replied on here, your phone would have rung lol

Not as often as I should but then again the car is only really used at weekend's. If I am going on a long drive I make sure I do a power check petrol, oil,water,electrics rubber.

Back