General How much?

Currently reading:
General How much?

I like the old Panda as much as the next man but I think this is a few dollars too much for a 1991 Selecta - albeit one that looks brand new. This dealer is well known for astronomic prices though.....

http://www.spinning-wheel.net/prod3144.htm

Good luck to them if they can get that much, but it's far too high I think. :eek: The Selecta is not particularly sought after, and low mileage is not uncommon on Panda's. In my opinion it's a £2000 car, maybe up to £2500 as it's from a dealer - just realised there's no warranty either??!!

Will be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.

No offence to anybody who has selectas but at the rate they are breaking down with clutch problems just now I think people will be wary of them.

That said at the right price you could take a gamble, but this one is too expensive for my taste

This is true - the biggest problem is that no one seems to understand why they are going wrong suddenly. I was prepared to gamble on mine at £600, I guess that gives me nearly £5k left over if it goes wrong (which I hope it won't). (y)

£1,500, at most. With new clutches costing around a grand -- and failure, I think, dependent on age, as well as mileage (and possibly lack of use) -- it would have to be totally rust-free even to be worth that. :nono:

Other opinions are available; but even special editions (such as STs, Italias, Biancas, Sisleys) don't go for that sort of money -- even with such a low mileage. And just because 2CVs and Minis, etc. may go for silly money (although I don't believe that applies to every single model -- as a local is struggling to sell a mint (restored) 1966 Mini at £2,700), doesn't mean a Panda will. Yet. :rolleyes:

£1,500, at most. With new clutches costing around a grand -- and failure, I think, dependent on age, as well as mileage (and possibly lack of use) -- it would have to be totally rust-free even to be worth that. :nono:

Other opinions are available; but even special editions (such as STs, Italias, Biancas, Sisleys) don't go for that sort of money -- even with such a low mileage. And just because 2CVs and Minis, etc. may go for silly money (although I don't believe that applies to every single model -- as a local is struggling to sell a mint (restored) 1966 Mini at £2,700), doesn't mean a Panda will. Yet. :rolleyes:

Totally agree Homeward :)

Totally agree Homeward :)

I did say that this garage is rather famous for silly prices (and mint stock). He's been trying to sell an MZ for £3000+ for ages. Bookmark it and relish those prices!

Even a nice Mk1 1983/4 Panda in mint condish would struggle to hit that.

See, being a humble Selecta Fan, myself I'd have said about £2500-£3k max myself. I'd put it in same league as Freebo's Serge, but only if the pics are as good as they look.

As soon as blemishes start to show that valuation drops quickly IMO.

As we all know, pics can and often do lie!

Back