Technical How much would it cost to change timing belt???

Currently reading:
Technical How much would it cost to change timing belt???

dan86

Hey guys do you know how much would I need to pay to get my timing belt and water pump changed on fiat stilo dynamic 1.6 52 reg 59000 miles???

water pump.JPG
Just a mention that on the 1.6, unlike all the other Stilo engines, the water pump isn't driven by the cambelt so you don't really need to change the pump just because you're changing the cambelt as you can change it quite easily at any time without affecting the timing belt area

What you will need to factor in is the price of a new auxilliary drive belt and air con drive belt if you have aircon. The aircon belt is a stretchy one time fit belt and must be renewed

View attachment 72834
Just a mention that on the 1.6, unlike all the other Stilo engines, the water pump isn't driven by the cambelt so you don't really need to change the pump just because you're changing the cambelt as you can change it quite easily at any time without affecting the timing belt area

What you will need to factor in is the price of a new auxilliary drive belt and air con drive belt if you have aircon. The aircon belt is a stretchy one time fit belt and must be renewed

Thanks a bunch by telling me this,you saved me from spending £70 or more by not replacing the water pump now.

Back