General How many?

Currently reading:
General How many?

Nello

Established member
Saw some interesting data from the DVLA today.......
Numbers of cars registered as being on the road in the UK at specific times.
The most recent stat is for 2010 Q4:

X1/9 335
X1/9 VS 91

This will not include SORN'ed cars and it depends on what is recorded on your log book as to what the car is classed as (i.e. they may well me some VS's only recorded as X1/9's listed in the 335 figure). From that though its probably safe to assume - that there are probably less than 1000 X1/9's left in any form around in the UK now :eek::cry:

The earliest figure is from the end of '94 at 3360 so theres been some decline!

Last edited:
I've been re-building my X19 for a couple of months now (not quite finished) & this thread has prompted me to post some pics in the members X19 section - but that thread is closed?
It's a 1500 that's being given a 1300 ish appearance. Colour is Porsche Riviera blue.
Here's a couple of pics anyway......

479912726_o.jpg

479914628_o.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice....quick question where did you get your wheels ? and what is the tyre and wheel size ? did you need to use spacers etc and do they rub !!! thinking of getting some larger wheels for mine but haven't really found any I like yet !

Compomotive ML's by any chance?
My personal favourite is the 13inch CXRs - available in a fantastic range of rim widths and offsets!

I had 7.5in and 9.5in wide rims on the racecar for a while and 8j15s on the Seicento now - the 13s look better with the deep dish, the 15s are meant for FWD cars so are much flatter.

Last edited:
Ive just fitted some 15x8 inch compomotive MO's to mine,they do look nice and really fill the arches!

Hi Enzo
Wheels are 7x13 - not certain of the make but I think they are Compomotives. They're actually for a Mini 4" PCD (101.6mm). I bought them off ebay. I had spigot rings made up to match the wheels & the hubs as they're not readily available off the shelf & use wobble bolts. I had to very slightly elongate the stud hole towards the wheel centre to allow clearance for the bolt - by about 0.5mm but otherwise no problems. The tapered washers sit squarely in the wheel holes and there's enough length to the studs to bolt up correctly.
There's no wobble/vibration - the spigot rings ensure the wheel is central.
Tyres are 185/60 at the back & 185/55 front. The spacers have been removed & there's no rubbing although I intend to lower the suspension at some stage. Looks like the most likely place for tyre contact will be the front edge of the front wheel arch
John

Back