Technical how do ya get the rear windows out of a 3 dr stilo?

Currently reading:
Technical how do ya get the rear windows out of a 3 dr stilo?

ninjaben

im doin a lot of work on my stilo and want to spray it up, wondering if anyone got any tricks and helpful tips re takin out the glass.

prob gunna swap for poly carb windows as am on a weight reduction mission.:rolleyes:
also wanna take the aircon out (its a 1.6 dynamic) will this be a bad idea or cause any probs?

hope someone can help.

I love your style ninjaben :eek: ever thought about ringing autoglass and asking them how they do it or get them to remove it I'm pretty sure it would be cheeper than a new rear screen mate
Karl

yeah it's sort of like one of those cheese wire cutters.
I remember autoglass used one when i had my windscreen replaced to cut the bonding all round then prise off.

I love your style ninjaben :eek: ever thought about ringing autoglass and asking them how they do it or get them to remove it I'm pretty sure it would be cheeper than a new rear screen mate
Karl
not that bothered about breakin em, gunna replace with plastic ones.
cheers for the input though.

they are bonded in. they are likely to crack on removal, thats what happened to mine when i was having the quarter panel done.

replacing with plastic may not be wise.

The reason they are bonded and not like a saxo rear window that opens is to give more strength to the car body. It will be calculated that the glass adds a certain amount of strength thus reducing body flex. (and improving handling)

the "plastic i will be replacing them with is high strength polycarbonate (already used for car windows and "bullet proof windows" it is stronger in a crash as does not just smash into a million pieces.
its about half the weight of the glass and cheap as chips.

I have a n 8lb copper sledge you can use it's been in my tool box since I was an apprentice I.m now 41 and I thought buying it would be a waste !!
Karl.

Back