General How do the Multijets compare with JTD ?

Currently reading:
General How do the Multijets compare with JTD ?

Fleaspirit

Hello everyone how are you all ?
My trusty 2003 2.8 JTD Maxi is still cruising along the engine is humming at 220,000 miles , I'm super happy with the van and motor .
Unfortunatley Mr rust has taken over too much and is pointing towards buying another body .
I'm looking to upgrade to the new shape 2007 onwards , which has a different engine , I wondering if you have some good advice on which years have produced the better multijet engine and which one might be equal or better than the 2.8 JTD .

Depends of course if you are looking at Fiat vans or the Citroen or Peugeot derivatives which may have Ford (?) engines. Judging from forum posts the 2.3 JTD engine which replaced the 2.8 on Fiat vans seems to be a solid engine with any unreliability issues arising from the increasingly more stringent and complex emission control add-ons required for later Euro 5 & 6 regulations

My 2009 build has a single vacuum operated EGR which has not given any problems however I have recently needed to replace the throttle body which was the early (unreliable) version. I believe post-Sep 2009 builds were fitted with the updated version.

Back